Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: TV help???

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    ...don't quite know what to do with the space now. got a big giraffe in there now but someday the vision will come to me
    Maybe a large oil painting of me with a tiger on a gold leash...

Just an idea!
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

don't quite know what to do with the space now. got a big giraffe in there now but someday the vision will come to me
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

ok, new thread coming for the moomba bretheren to decorate my living room
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

^ agree with the looking up comment although maybe his brother is a chiropractor and offers free neck adjustments on weekends of heavy tv watching

new house I moved into has a big area for the tv over the fireplace. old owners had the tv there. I couldn't stand looking up and it went on a stand much lower to the ground. don't quite know what to do with the space now. got a big giraffe in there now but someday the vision will come to me

Low profile movable sectional provides a great view angle, plus if I really want to I can angle the tv. Fits the space great.

Although I could take it down and replace it with the Kramer .... Wife would not be happy....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

ok, new thread coming for the moomba bretheren to decorate my living room
    Come on now! You know quite well there is no need for a new thread, on the Moomba forum we can go soooo off base from the OP's post.

Besides, who can pass on an oil painting that includes a tiger with a gold leash?

Eric.

wonder if I could get away with a nude velvet? or possibly the old standby "dogs playing poker"??

problem is the wall has 3 angles so a pic is really out.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

When we moved in our house last year I put the 52" in the HUGE space over the fireplace. It looked like 22" computer monitor or something. Had the boss go out on black friday eve and get me a new 60". Unboxed it and threw it up in the hole and was sorely disappointed. It looked I was too cheap to get the right one. So I asked her to go to Sam's for the early morning sale and get me the 65". Looks so much better. Then I kept the 60" for the game party we had over the rivalry weekend. So I had a 52", a 60" and the 65" all side by side for the weekend long party. Returned the 60" on Monday (should have kept it for 29 days but I was afraid I'd like it too much).
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default TV help???

I have a 47" Sharp Aquos that I wanted to mount above the new house fireplace but the mount that is up there from the previous owners uses a thicker screw to mount the bracket to the back of the tv than what my TV accepts. Need to do some googling! I don't have the model # of the mount on me or else I'd post it and see what the gurus think.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

I have a 46 " inch sharp I can let you know the size when I get home. my mounting hardware came with mutilptle bolts..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    I have a 47" Sharp Aquos that I wanted to mount above the new house fireplace but the mount that is up there from the previous owners uses a thicker screw to mount the bracket to the back of the tv than what my TV accepts. Need to do some googling! I don't have the model # of the mount on me or else I'd post it and see what the gurus think.
    Just look up on the innerweb the specs for the model # of your TV. Look for the VESA mounting specs, should be something like 400x200 or 400x400 mm and the screws are standard metric screws, they should be either M5, M6 or M8. The length should be from 16mm to 30mm depending on which TV you have. A trip or two to your local hardware store should do it, a lot less than whenever I install new sprinklers!

Eric.