Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    We had a great Labor Day weekend and as usual I didn't take any pictures LMAO. We did get a chance to go out on our neighbor's new to them 2021 Wakesetter 23 MXZ and that was fun as I always enjoy riding waves on different boats. When we went out with them we actually got my son out on his first surf (he just turned 2 in June) and he loved it. I took him out twice and then every time I surfed after that he would try to climb out with me saying "I surf with daddy". It definitely made me smile! Now I just need to get my daughter who is 4 to start surfing with me but every time I ask she says "not today" LOL. Anyways here is a video my wife took of my son and I surfing.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/0myFBFAN2xY?feature=share
    That is awesome. She will get out there. Just tell her that her little brother can do it better than she can because he is a boy! Most girls her age won't let that fly! LOL!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Default September 2022 Pics & Vids

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    That is awesome. She will get out there. Just tell her that her little brother can do it better than she can because he is a boy! Most girls her age won't let that fly! LOL!

Lol so true!! My goal is to get her out there before I m winterize the boat so I still have some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Back in business! OJ had one in stock and man they didn’t waist anytime shipping it. Ordered it Tuesday and it was here today. Makes Amazon look slow. Now to ship my old one to them for repair.

The more I look at the trailer and how low the lake was makes me think the rear of the trailer just wasn’t deep enough or it came up a bit and I didn’t notice it. Just can’t think of any other way it could hit like that. It’s not like I was super crazy crooked, it was just slightly off centered. I’m mean you can’t get too far off with the guide poles there anyways.

2021 Makai

Default September 2022 Pics & Vids

Glad you are back up and running. Props to OJ’s customer service.

My theory on hitting the prop on trailer is you had it too deep and the bunks didn’t grab the hull.

The guide poles flex quite a bit and won’t stop the boat enough to prevent a prop hit.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Glad you are back up and running. Props to OJ’s customer service.

My theory on hitting the prop on trailer is you had it too deep and the bunks didn’t grab the hull.

The guide poles flex quite a bit and won’t stop the boat enough to prevent a prop hit.

I know for sure wasn't too deep with the way the water is right now, we're pretty low for my lake, and I've had guys back me in way deeper. Just kind of odd. Water was almost dead calm too. 24+ years of boating, loading, unloading, in all conditions and never hit a prop till last weekend and it hit the trailer. Just very thankful there wasn't any other damage. Prop while not cheap is an easy fix.

So the OJ sent a new brass key with the prop, SC had a steel key in the original prop. I put the brass key in as I think its a nice bit of added protection for the shaft, what do you all think on that one?
    2021 Makai

I don’t think the key material really matters.

The shaft is stainless, prop is Nibral, therefore you will always have dissimilar metals.

The key will be brass or stainless.

The taper is what truly holds the prop to shaft.

The key is simply back up.

Honestly I would opt for brass in case of prop strike. I would rather sheer the prop and key way versus sending that load into the V drive.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I agree on the brass keystock, but honestly that will probably not shear before the prop turns into a pretzel and passes by whatever you hit anyways. I guess it could always wrap up with a rope or cable or something though and shear it. By the way, I am glad you are back up too. Also am surprised about it hitting the trailer as well as you are. I had always told myself that the trailer design would always protect that from happening as long as I was pretty straight on when loading. I guess that's not exactly true.

Last edited by HFarr; 09-09-2022 at 09:42 AM.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Eric is the man when it comes to props. Unfortunately I have been down to his shop way too many times this Summer getting props straightened after several back to back prop strikes with debris in the lake. I asked him if he had a punch card for me because at the rate I was going I was gonna need a new prop by the end of the Summer. Glad to see you.got it handled.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Kinda my thinking use the brass key save the shaft or more importantly the V-drive. Hopefully it never happens but if it ever happened it would shear the key.

Will be interesting to see what kind of timeline they have on repairing the old prop. I figure being the end of summer they are bound to have a huge back log of damaged props they will be working through. At least I didnt kill it past the point of repair.

Yes plan on wrapping up the prop once fixed and keeping the puller in the boat just in case.
    2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    Yes plan on wrapping up the prop once fixed and keeping the puller in the boat just in case.
    both OJ and Acme have weekend saver kits with some nice canvas or hardside cases. might see if OJ will cut ya a deal on one of the cases since you are buying a prop AND doing a repair. they are super nice to keep everything together and easy to store on the boat..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten