Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Surf Prop will get the entire 3000lbs with 4 adults on board to plane just fine. With all 5000lbs+ of ballast I am not able to get on plane with the surf prop. My RPMs at 11.4 are 35-3600 with me and the wife. If I have lots of people and full ballast I will see 3800 and literally too big of a wave it seems...good problem to have.
    I am curious are you able to get to wakeboard speeds (18-23MPH) with the 5,000lbs? Not that I would ever wakeboard with that much ballast LOL I am just curious.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I am curious are you able to get to wakeboard speeds (18-23MPH) with the 5,000lbs? Not that I would ever wakeboard with that much ballast LOL I am just curious.
    5000lbs? Oh I doubt that!

@Familyman- Is there a better prop alternative? and will you upgrade?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    5000lbs? Oh I doubt that!

@Familyman- Is there a better prop alternative? and will you upgrade?
    I was curious because when I demoed the Makai we loaded it up with all 4k of Ballast, 1k of lead and had 6 adults (1K) so say 6K total and got to wakeboard speed (21.5) a lot easier than I thought it would have. That boat had the 400 with the wake prop. I don't have a dog in the fight I am just curious to know if the hull design differences and 2' in length between the Max and the Makai make that much of a difference when it comes to planing. I figured that with the Max being shorter and lighter that it would be able to achieve the same no problem.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

I’ve had my max loaded with 4200lbs and 10+ adults and she said negative to getting on plain (at least not in the amount of time I was comfortable leaving the hammer down and letting it struggle lol).
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I’ve had my max loaded with 4200lbs and 10+ adults and she said negative to getting on plain (at least not in the amount of time I was comfortable leaving the hammer down and letting it struggle lol).
    What Prop?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Isn’t there a launch setting with Autowake that helps with that?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    IIRC that mode is only active when cruise is set to around wakeboard speed or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
    IIRC that mode is only active when cruise is set to around wakeboard speed or something?

Yes. I recall Matt touching on this and if I remember right Autolaunch is active as long as you have Autowake ON, have cruise set and are NOT in Surfmode. I believe the surf plates go down to 50% and will stay down until the boat reaches a certain % of the set speed then they will retract to 0%. That is all in addition to what the wake plate does normally which I believe at rest is at 100% and adjusts from there depending on speed. I might have the %s off but I am pretty sure that is how it works. Someone correct me if I am wrong as I hear to learn too!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Default Doing it backwards -Max Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I tried, and failed. Have tried to use the surf tab on one side to help but didn’t work. I don’t recall if I deployed the surf plate to 100....might try that just for kicks.

Also, I don’t plan on upgrading props, as I don’t think I’ll get that much lower of rpms and am happy with its performance. There are a couple of threads where folks seem to have found some better ACME props though.

Why the makai can do it with that much ballast....dunno...but guessing it has everything to do with auto launch that uses all three plates.

2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

What TXSurf says above is correct. I use to have to do that on my Supra SA with the 400 in it. When the boat was loaded down with full ballast and 800lbs of lead the boat would not get on plane without either dumping half of the ballast or switching to Wakeboard mode in the rider profiles. Once the boat got on plane I could reach down and switch off the rider profile and go about my way. I believe that is called the Auto Launch feature on Supra not sure what Moomba calls it now.

One thing that does work is having the 550 Raptor in my SL full ballast and 1000lbs of lead no problem right on plane.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix