Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    I have owned and sold 2 Doomswells. My surf buddy rode one hard for 5-6 weeks, then shelved it.

In my case, a Chaos RacerX was the trump card. In my buddy’s case, a Soulcraft Blunt Honu was the culprit.

The Doomswells were great! BUT....not as fast as the small shop shaper made sticks. Since we can only ride one at a time, the Doomswells were benched.

Mine were Neo and Sparkplug (which I bought as a boat board). My buddy’s was a Neo.

Not trying to be biased, just telling you how it went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This, but I still own my custom Texas Made Doomswell , but prefer my Parker Surf now faster a and more agile
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by IronmanCowboy View Post
    Which soulcraft is comparable to the nubstep?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Reach out to Nick at Chaos or Jeff at SC. Both are great choices and no one will know more about the boards then the guys building them.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Chris ar Parker Surfcraft is very knowledgeable as well. And he's a Skiers Choice guy! Even better.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I have owned and sold 2 Doomswells. My surf buddy rode one hard for 5-6 weeks, then shelved it.

In my case, a Chaos RacerX was the trump card. In my buddy’s case, a Soulcraft Blunt Honu was the culprit.

The Doomswells were great! BUT....not as fast as the small shop shaper made sticks. Since we can only ride one at a time, the Doomswells were benched.

Mine were Neo and Sparkplug (which I bought as a boat board). My buddy’s was a Neo.

Not trying to be biased, just telling you how it went.

I rode a SC da honu head to head with my Doomswell Nubstep. Same fins, same wave. I liked my nubstep better, but they were actually damn close. For the extra price of a SC, I wouldn't spend the extra on it. they basically rode almost the same, but like I said, I preferred my Nubstep.

And then once I added new fins to the mix, it was a game changer. I was riding the F2's and now swap back and forth between the John John Grom fins and the Blackstix F4's. Right now the Blackstix are on my wife's Sparkplug and I have the John John Grom's on my Nubstep. (the JJG feel a little looser, and the BS seem to have a bit more drive and not quite as loose).

I don't regret my Doomswell at all. Are there other boards that are equal or better? Probably. But ever since getting my Nubstep, I've been less interested in finding my next board and more interested in enjoying the one I love. Now if someone threw a PSC at me, I'd be happy to enjoy the hell out of it.

Never ridden a P5 other than my kid's Scamp! LOLOLOL
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I rode a SC da honu head to head with my Doomswell Nubstep. Same fins, same wave. I liked my nubstep better, but they were actually damn close. For the extra price of a SC, I wouldn't spend the extra on it. they basically rode almost the same, but like I said, I preferred my Nubstep.

And then once I added new fins to the mix, it was a game changer. I was riding the F2's and now swap back and forth between the John John Grom fins and the Blackstix F4's. Right now the Blackstix are on my wife's Sparkplug and I have the John John Grom's on my Nubstep. (the JJG feel a little looser, and the BS seem to have a bit more drive and not quite as loose).

I don't regret my Doomswell at all. Are there other boards that are equal or better? Probably. But ever since getting my Nubstep, I've been less interested in finding my next board and more interested in enjoying the one I love. Now if someone threw a PSC at me, I'd be happy to enjoy the hell out of it.

I would respectfully submit that you haven’t ridden a great fin yet. Try a set of medium or large flare fins from Chaos Surf Co. I have some F4 Blackstix that live in their pouch.

Furthermore, your head to head is understandable. I am sure there are meaningful differences in geometry that translate to your feet on your wave. On mine (ours), it wasn’t very close. They were Neos also, not the Nubstep. The Doomswells were markedly heavier than the others (they were candy coat painted boards). So there are variables that probably don’t translate between respective trials

Chaos to Doomswell cost difference is negligible. Boat show Soulcraft to Doomswell difference is also close. Retail Soulcraft is expensive. No question!

There are tons of folks that love their Doomswells. Can’t argue that. I get a charge out of the guys that hand shape and make boards light as a feather. It’s an intriguing craft to me.

Try Nick’s fins. They’re sick! Also, to support your statement about fins changing the game—it’s so true. What I have discovered most recently is that a quad setup with nubsters in back gives even more drive. It’s actually faster, even though a twin setup “feels” faster. If that makes any sense?

Man surfing is fun.

I would respectfully submit that you haven’t ridden a great fin yet. Try a set of medium or large flare fins from Chaos Surf Co. I have some F4 Blackstix that live in their pouch.

Try Nick’s fins. They’re sick! Also, to support your statement about fins changing the game—it’s so true. What I have discovered most recently is that a quad setup with nubsters in back gives even more drive. It’s actually faster, even though a twin setup “feels” faster. If that makes any sense?

Man surfing is fun.
    Is it safe to assume that the Chaos fins fit the same box that the futures do? They are interchangeable right? They appear to be when I look at the website.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    Is it safe to assume that the Chaos fins fit the same box that the futures do? They are interchangeable right? They appear to be when I look at the website.
    They are indeed Futures boxes. I have only seen Futures usage from Nick-

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post

Thanks for the feed back. I ended up going with the 2018 nubstep. I took advantage of the Moomba Wakemakers discount code. Saved $140.00.
    As far as the Nubstep, I am not disappointed. There will always be another board to buy...lol

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition

I thought that code was 10%?!

What is this magical discount you’re speaking of?!

I thought that code was 10%?!

What is this magical discount you’re speaking of?!

I also bought a board for my son.

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition