Thread: polk db651

Hybrid View

Default polk db651

hey guys i already did my stereo upgrade and all i gotta do now is change out my cabin speakers. i see a lot of guys went to these.
    anyone not like these speakers and if so why?
    before i purchase them is there anything else i should look into?

too bad i missed out on the amazon sale or it woulda been a done deal.

buy them onsale, should be able to find a deal. they sound great in the cabin , best bang for the buck

soniceletronix.com has them http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...dio+db651.html
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Reese350 Guest

JM, are these a direct replacement for the stock Kenwoods or is there some modification needed to make them work? How noticeable is the difference in sound going from the kenwoods to the Polk's? Thanks in advance!

Scott

The sound difference is nothing short of amazing compared to stock! The Polk's handle the mids and highs much more efficiently than the Kenwoods. The more power you give them the better they will sound. Worth every penny you'll spend on them.

For the most part they are a direct replacement requiring the re-drilling of a few holes. You may or may not have a slight issue in the bow where the abs backing behind the fiberglass is in the way, if so it takes just a few minutes with a keyhole saw or a dremel tool to clearance it out. Some have had to, but most have not.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Reese350 Guest

Cool, thanks Razz. I'm ordering them...

Quote Originally Posted by Reese350 View Post
    Cool, thanks Razz. I'm ordering them...
    http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2591170 little cheaper here reese... keep an eye out if your not in a big hurry for them and might get a steal on em somewhere else even.