Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Depth finder needed

Taking the family on a week long vacation and staying on a new lake this summer. My boat does not have one and Ive been wanting one so its time to get one.

Can I just install one from one of the online boat stores that fits in a 2" dash hole and use a inhull transducer?

Prefered brands?

Thanks

Ive installed many on fishing boats just never one for a inboard
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Daze, yes you can just add any brand with a thru-hull transducer. Two brands that come to mind would be either Humminbird or Norcross. I installed a Norcross on my Tigé and it worked flawless and was very reasonably priced.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I have had two of the Humminbird ones on older boats and was very impressed.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

The important thing is to mount the guage where you can read it while driving. When I bought my boat, I had to switch the depth guage that was by the throttle with the voltmeter.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Mine is a Hummingbird. Has always worked great. It was in the boat when I bought it. It has a thru the hull transducer mounted around the transmission area.

Monty
    2001 Outback LS

" Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow "

Wow the new Norcross Hawkeye D10DX not only reads the depth via a thru-hull transducer but the air/water temps now as well all for $110! While some might not be impressed, the only one that did that before was the Faria for $175 and it's a exterior transom mount transducer only.

The nice thing about the Norcross Hawkeye is the bezels and faceplates are interchangeable to match your boats gauges, a chrome bezel is optional of $14. It also comes with a sun cover to protect the lcd display.

I might have to change mine out to get the water temp goody!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Great find Razz, I'm gonna order one next week. Jeeez, got alot of work to do to my boat. Need to install the Z-5, completely remove stock stereo system and replace with super pimp system, Perfect Pass install, Gravity Games 3 install with 750 sacs, and now this. Going to be busy the next 2 months.

No prob man, i can spend anyone's money!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Hey Razz, water temp shows on my Perfect Pass display. Not sure what is different, but thought I'd mention it before you start replacing stuff!

Yeah i know, i don't have PP though and don't plan on it anytime soon. Been doing this a long time and can hold a steady speed just fine so i don't see the need in spending needlessly.
    2007 Mobius LSV