Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Have not done a power turn since using the parents malibu back in 88. but boy was it fun to spin that boat and put a wall of water up and over the windshield-nothing stayed dry.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Ok I guess I have to be "that guy". How do you do it? I mean the full speed, hold on, roller coaster turn?

Get up to speed (30+) while going straight. Turn the steering wheel fully in one direction as quickly as you can. At the same time, I chop the power to idle. I then add a little, up to a lot, of power back to the engine. This will keep the nose from diving and can help with water coming over the side of the boat. You can just leave it at idle and take note of what just happened.

The boat will whip around very quickly, make sure that everyone is holding on as you could seriously injure people.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Sled491 Guest

Back to the original question, you have to keep in mind that our boats have shallow v's and the water has to go somewhere. These boats push the water out the sides instead of displacing like big V hulls. Also our boats don't really get up on plane like a I/O or OB thus the side ways displacing of the water. You make a turn into that wash and you're gonna get a bit wet.

I get it worse on the drivers side than the passenger side for whatever reason on our Outback.

Back to the last topic Power turns. Why do you cut the throttle back to idle? I stay wide open and through the wheel all the way over, never had a slide happen though.

this is what we are talking about
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsF8n...eature=related
    Really not a turn per say.

but this you dont want to do
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68AOl...eature=related
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Ya - that second one is scary. That's how NOT to do it

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Sled491 Guest

Ah I see

It's tough on the Skier too J/K

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Sled491 Guest

I can see how that would be!

I did mine wot crank the wheel all the way and do a 180 never touch the throttle, wot constant power back the reverse direction, if i had 2 guys in the back, occasionally the rear would slip and they would get soaked
    . I was curious how he subbed the boat did he cut and then hit reverse and turn the wheel?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug