Reese350 Guest

Default Outback additions...

We sold our LSV in the fall and are going back to an Outback because the kids want to start running the slalom course. The Outback I'm picking up needs a few additions.

Any recommendations on where to pick up these adds at a reasonable price?

- Wakeboard rack (maybe surf rack)
    - Bimini
    - Depth gauge
    - Perfect Pass (assuming directly from PP)
    - 750 lb ballast for under rear seat with 12v Tsunami
    - Mirror with arm

I haven't had a good experience with getting stuff like this from our local Moomba dealer so looking for alternatives.

I'd check with onlyinboards for perfect pass, and monster tower for mirror arm

I assume that your new boat has a tower. LIP industry (in San Diego) had board racks that bolt onto the factory tower. I bought mine from ebay.
    Skiertoskier.com will have a good price on Perfect Pass.
    Overton's will have the bimini, but you could also try a local boat shop. I have seen custom biminis that attach directly to the tower.
    I got my depth finder at Great Lake, but overton's has one that looks just like the factory guages.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Got my wakeboard racks from Monster Tower. They have the oval mount just like the factory racks, to fit the cross members. Think I gat them for around $100???? dealer wanted, like $300.

Reese350 Guest

Thanks guys, very helpful.

Ed, since the boys are going to be running the course competitively this year we are going to put in the Stargazer 3-event with the automatic course timing. Thanks for the offer, smokin deal for someone!

I like my Comptech swivel wakeboard rack. I also got a Monster cargo bimini during last year's late-season sale. However, I don't have the bimini installed yet, so I cannot comment directly on it. Others like it just fine. It's much less expensive than the factory cargo rack.

google fat sac and you will find numerous sites that sell them. there is fat sac that is made to fit under the rear seat.

monster tower sells XTP racks & mirrors that fit the oval bar on tower. the bimini they sell is excellent. i installed one on my previous boat; easy project.
    '08 OBV-gravity III with two 550 lb & one 400 lb, 3 pair of Kicker KM613 cabin speakers, Kicker KM10 sub, one set KM6500.2 HLCD tower speakers, Kicker ZXM700.5 amp, Kicker ZX450.2 & Kenwood KMR-440U head unit

Pro X Series Rear Seat Sac is your best option for a bag that will go under the rear seat. If you want to replace the rear seat (with nothing when skiing the course, with a bag when wakeboarding), then the Fat Sac is a good choice, although you'll definitely want some weight up front with that much in the back.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9993

See link for arm. Not my thread.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier