Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Moomba swivel racks

Didn't want to thread jack the other swivel rack post but has anyone seen the Moomba swivel racks? Are they quality or should I look elsewhere?

I saw them at the boat show and they looked pretty sweet! Super solid.
    Its actually a solid pin to pull out instead of spring loaded catches like the roswells. Thats def on my list of upgrades!

PWI as usual...

I called my dealership and got the usual unknowlegable parts "manager". I asked if he had or could get me the price on the swivel racks that are available on the 2010's and he said "oh, didn't know those were available on the 2010 Moombas...I'll have to call you back on that one"

Nice! Good to know your dealership is up on all the new upgrades.
    Have you seen and played with them in person?
    I was really impressed. I'm afraid to ask what they want for it though.

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Nice! Good to know your dealership is up on all the new upgrades.
    Have you seen and played with them in person?
    I was really impressed. I'm afraid to ask what they want for it though.
    It's kinda scary, when I was shopping for a wakeboat and did my research on the XLV I knew they pretty all come with upgraded prop. I asked the salesman to confirm and he had no clue what I was talking about. None of the sales people ever heard of putting 750lb sacs in place of the standard bags and said they probably won't fit. I informed them they should spend more time on forums about their product so they would learn more instead of only knowing a typical salesman speech

While I agree with you, especially about the prop -- to be fair, not everybody in boat sales is a boater. What we have on here is a mircrocosm of boat owners. We are the nuts that will mod and trick things to get them exactly how we want them. You wouldn't expect a salesman at a new car deaership to know what aftermarket rims people are putting on their new car -- especially when his dealership isn't selling those rims.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yeah but a boat market is much smaller in terms of options then a car market. The guys at the dealership should know what is out there, I mean it doesn't change that much from year to year.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    While I agree with you, especially about the prop -- to be fair, not everybody in boat sales is a boater. What we have on here is a mircrocosm of boat owners. We are the nuts that will mod and trick things to get them exactly how we want them. You wouldn't expect a salesman at a new car deaership to know what aftermarket rims people are putting on their new car -- especially when his dealership isn't selling those rims.
    I dont think you can compare rims on a car (useless but cosmetic) to a ballast system (functional and meaningful) on a boat made for making wakes. If it was my job to sell boats (or anything else) and I'm getting a nice commission, I would definately be doing some lurking on forums to hear the gripes, complaints, praise, and mods associated with a product. When I bought my diesel truck my salesperson was very informative about extras/mods and even told me the backspacing and offset range for aftermarket wheels.

I have to agree with you man. When i tested boats out and the owner of the dealership is with me and he doesn't even know how to read the dash or what some of the numbers mean it really makes you wonder!!!!! And this stuff is not rocket science. guess that why i didn't buy from him. Plus these boats are sport specific, thats why we buy them. they should know!!! And some of dealers know alot....They are the ones who are passionate about the sport and product just as we are.

I'm laughin my ass of now as i scroll up to see what the thread started as, I see how a thread can go astray so easily..........sorry to get off topic....i do love my swivel racks with the pull pins
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 01-27-2010 at 12:33 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post

I'm laughin my ass of now as i scroll up to see what the thread started as, I see how a thread can go astray so easily..........sorry to get off topic....i do love my swivel racks with the pull pins
    i was looking into this as well! what brand are yours doc? obviously the point of them is so you don't have to hang out around the tower to get em out correct? any other ups or downs about the swivel racks?