Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Boats

Default Ugly Boats

While at the Little Rock boat show this weekend saw 2 of the ugliest boats. The first was an Axis. It was yellow & black and was just boxie. To me it was just ugly. The 2nd was a Malibu, not sure which one, but it was Pepto Bismol pink and black (very little black). Wish I'd taken a picture of it. I could not see paying that much money for a pink boat.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

There is a niche market for them, Malibu's are good boats and the Axis is growing in popularity. There are alot of ugly boats at boat shows, generally extreme color combos, etc. The Axis has grown on me. Ugliest wake boat I've ever seen was the Gekko Revo 6.7. http://wakeboardingmag.com/boats/200...-revo-67-2009/

well, it's more so that the wake is very bad then that it's ugly.
    '05 Supra Launch 24SSV

Epic is kinda ugly but has grown on me some. The bow makes it hidious but the wake is awsome, surf wake not so much. The transome stereo is a bit overkill especially if you really ballast the boat heavy. I like the axis but the interior is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by iwakeboard View Post
    There is a niche market for them, Malibu's are good boats and the Axis is growing in popularity. There are alot of ugly boats at boat shows, generally extreme color combos, etc. The Axis has grown on me. Ugliest wake boat I've ever seen was the Gekko Revo 6.7. http://wakeboardingmag.com/boats/200...-revo-67-2009/

well, it's more so that the wake is very bad then that it's ugly.
    Well, that one's not going to win a beauty contest but it's not THAT bad. They should have at least detailed the engine compartment before they let any video be shot.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

personally I'm not very fond of the MB Boats, and after I looked at the MSRP ($65-75k) I decided my moomba is indeed beautiful.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I really like distinctive color schemes on boats, just not on MY boat. They look so cool on the water, but will look way outdated in just a few years. A pink boat might be pushing it past "distinctive" though...

Sled491 Guest

They had that same yellow and black Axis in Milwaukee (well maybe not the exact same one), didn't do much for me either. But that is an interesting point about the Bu's. I know there rated well and have great customer feedback, and at one time was the boat we were really looking hard at (before we discovered Moomba again), but man I just can't find a sweet spot for them anymore. In my opinion they're just way over done now. No alure for the hard core water sports guy, they are after the wanna be's looking to impress there friends and neighbours. I let our show on the water do that for us!

i cant believe you guys are hating on that axis. Its a price point boat just like our moomba's. In my opinion w/ the windshield, tower, and pickle fork bow its way ahead of 75% of the market in terms of forward thinking. Just saw one in person at the STL boat show this last weekend and if I hadn't already purchased a mobius last year the A22 would be in my driveway this spring.

I have seen a video of an all black Axis on youtube and I think it looks pretty cool. I like seeing something different from newer boat manufactures.

Sled491 Guest

What does one go for?