Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dynamat VS Bquiet Winter Project #3

I'm thinking about Putting one of these two products in My Clamshell of my DD to quiet the motor down. I'm looking for opinions of people who have done this. Was it worth it? I've emailed both of em and got an immediate response from Bquiet on which product they recommended but have not heard a word from Dynamat.

There are specific noise deading kits just for what you want and many marine parts dealers like Overton's sell them online. Otherwise the Dynamat Hoodliner is a good choice as it's made just for that environment.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Default Try a FAE

I do not know how much the product you are thinking of putting in costs, but if it is very expensive at all you might consider a Fresh Air Exhaust instead. I installed it last year and it was the best after market product I have ever put on my boat. It is so quiet now that you can talk at a normal level while running. At idle the boat is almost completely quiet. The noises that I hear now are mostly just the water against the hull and the mechanical noises of the alternator, pumps, etc. It makes it possible to hear the stereo without having to crank it up very high. An added bonus is it gets rid of all of the exhaust smell at the rear of the boat and adds to the resale value.

I realy like the FAE system. The biggest thing i dont like is it bolts to the swim platform.

I am not so worried about it when its out of the garage or in the water. With the kit installed though i wouldnt be able to get the boat back in the garage anymore. Id have to unbolt the FAE and the swim deck each week when i put the boat away after the weekend.

If they came out with a way to not bolt it to the swim deck i think id be a sold customer on that system.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Do you have a Direct Drive by chance? I know the exhaust is responsible for a share of the noise, but how much I don't know 75% would ya'll say? I guess I'll have to save and get both

I've heard nothing but good things about the FAE, and I'm strongly considering it. Seems like there was a post I read a while back about a guy that had a DD boat that got the FAE kit but was still noisy because of the motor sitting right next to him. I don't know, I've got too much time on my hands. Come on Spring

Quote Originally Posted by nibots View Post
    I do not know how much the product you are thinking of putting in costs, but if it is very expensive at all you might consider a Fresh Air Exhaust instead. I installed it last year and it was the best after market product I have ever put on my boat. It is so quiet now that you can talk at a normal level while running. At idle the boat is almost completely quiet. The noises that I hear now are mostly just the water against the hull and the mechanical noises of the alternator, pumps, etc. It makes it possible to hear the stereo without having to crank it up very high. An added bonus is it gets rid of all of the exhaust smell at the rear of the boat and adds to the resale value.

Question

Mybe I'm sick. I like the smell of gasoline vapor and exhaust. Even more I like the gurgle and roar from the exhaust pipes of an inboard engine. Am I alone?
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

deerfield I am with you there.... I like a little rumble from the v-8 out the exhaust, I dont care much for the rest of the engine noise though, I wonderd about the noise blankets.... the other prob i see could be the extra heat build up there, less space. Let us know what you find out for price when you get a quote.

Hey Mike,

I think they have a quick release that attaches to the swim platform. Im still interested in a group buy if you want to get one together?

Quote Originally Posted by KT Mobius View Post
    Hey Mike,

I think they have a quick release that attaches to the swim platform. Im still interested in a group buy if you want to get one together?
    Ohh realy? I might be interested in this.

Im with you Deerfield on the gurgling and burping noises the exhaust makes. Last summer a few times i had to stop for a good hour after surfing because i had a ach so bad that even hearing people talked was hard.

I laid out on the bow and relased and the head ach went away. I took a set behind the boat and bam it was back again.

Not sure if i got some old gas from the Chevron, or if the boat was running a little rich that day, maybe to many beers and i needed more air IDK but it was a damper in my fun.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I'm in as well.... I have been pondering this for quite a while, but depending on the price it may be worth it.