Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Changing dash/interior lights

I replaced all the dash lights with LED's from superbrightleds.com
    I used the WLED-x6 LED blue. It was pretty easy. You just have to reach up under the dash and remove the black bulb holder, and swap the bulbs. The big ones take 2 bulbs the small ones only 1.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Go Boat

Chilly - So this is a direct swap? No modification required? Just buy the bulb, remove the old, and replace? This I can do! Pretty nice. Thanks. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Default Part number

The part number for superbrightleds.com is WLED-x6 LED. I was able to do all the gauges except PP and our depth finder because it was already built in. I did take out one of the gauges because originally I was going to rearrange them, but that involved cutting wires and splicing them back together so I decided against it. I did the rest by just using a pair of tiny pliers the grab the back of the bulb housing. Its just a twist and pull. You have to be a contortionist to get to them but it can be done.
    Go Boat

Default Other lights

I did add some other accent lights to replace the courtesy lights in the rear. I also added two lights up front and two lights over the speakers in the rear. I'll try to get some better pictures later
    Go Boat

Well orderd my led's got them in today and installed them alot easier thnan i thought thanks for the tip !
    I Think MOOMBA is Addicting

Default Other trim lights

To answer a few questions here are the other two lights I used to do the accent lighting on the boat.

I used the round light to replace the courtesy lights in the back and I also add two toward the front of the bow as courtesy lights up front.

I used the black ones to shine down above the speakers and cup holders in the back. I wired them all into the courtesy light switch. They were super easy to install. On the interior I removed the courtesy lights in the back and just fit the round ones over the old hole. The power cord comes straight out of the middle of the back, and it already has 3m sticky adhesive attached. On the front ones I just used a counter sink bit to make the dimple in the fiberglass, maybe and 1/8 in diameter, then I took a regular drill bit that was just smaller than the dimple and drilled a tiny little hole. the cord is very thin and will fit in a tiny hole. The lights above the speakers I just fished the wire up behind the side cushions and used 2 sided tape to adhere to the back of the cushion. Very easy, no drilling. PM me if you have any specific questions
    Go Boat

Just ordered my dash light I will post a pic when I get done. Has anyone replaced their transom light with a blue led if so which bulb did you order for that. thanks for the help

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

So the lights ... is it worth the money and time to install?

It takes 30 minutes to install and about 28.00 for Led's LOOKS COOL
    I Think MOOMBA is Addicting

All over TEXAS west of I45! Living in Big Spring Texas.

I had one not working. I was tired so I'll replace it tomorrow.

a02.jpg
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
    Yes, I will be a Marine until the day that I die.