Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Parts from SC backordered with no ETA?

I've got my boat in the shop getting all the warranty issues that showed up last summer resolved. It's been there for several months now and while they've made some progress, they can't finish the boat until several parts get delivered from SC.

The story I got from the dealer is that the parts are backordered with no ETA. Can someone from Skiiers Choice comment on if this actually the case or if the dealer is buying time? It wouldn't be a big deal except its being stored outside in the meantime, collecting mountains of snow and ice. I'd rather get it home in the garage where it belongs. The dealer is several hours away, so I can't just store it at home until the parts show up.

Thanks for any help!

In these instances i really believe its best to take the boat in when they have the parts. I know i finally called SC wondering when my part was going to get to my dealer and they said they had just sent out a bunch but it wasn't on that order. So I decide to call the dealer and low and behold ,the part was there and that they had called me...........hmmmmm...........i guess service doesn't mean the same to everyone.......anyways at least I would call SC and ask they should have a better idea than your dealer if thats where the part is coming from.

Asking who your talking with and when you can expect a call always helps and makes it a little more personal

just .02
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

What parts are you needing? Maybe your dealer can ask other dealers if they have the parts.

Skier's Choice really needs to step up their game in customer service. Hell, they need to just answer the phone with a real person.

I would have loved to have the parts ordered in advance, but it doesn't work that way for warranty issues. The dealer needs to see the boat, troubleshoot the issues, get warranty approval from SC, order the parts, etc. With the dealer hours away it just wasn't feasible to do it in multiple trips.

I don't think they are very common parts... one is a muffler. I mean who would stock a muffler?! I guess I can call SC and leave a message, I was just hoping to catch someone on here.

an 08 needing a muffler , what happened to it?.........thats not good
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    an 08 needing a muffler , what happened to it?.........thats not good
    Not as bad as it sounds fortunately. The drain never sealed right and it dripped (water, antifreeze) onto the carpet, soaking the rear storage compartment.

Default Anthony with our customer service

Is trying to reach you on this issue. His email is [email protected]

Rick, thanks for the reply! I just got off the phone with Anthony and he is getting it all straightened out. Sounds like the whole process just got stretched longer than what I had expected. Sounds like parts should be to my dealer soon and I'll have my boat back in a couple of weeks. Thanks again Anthony and Rick!

Sled491 Guest

Once again that personal touch is just magic. Hope you have a trouble free summer this year!