Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New to me Outback

I'm the newest member of this Moomba club.. now just have to wait till spring to get out on the water.. its going to be a long few months.
    2005 Outback...[IMG]C:\Users\Mark Reynolds\Pictures\other\IMG_0062.JPG[/IMG]

Contrats! Welcome. Let's see some pics

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

welcome to club--ya its always a long winter when you own a Moomba-no matter how long you have owned it for, and yes we like photos
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Welcome to the club! Be sure to get you location listed so you can communicate with other owners near you. And, get those photos up! We are desperate this time of year.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Welcome. When you get ready to start adding upgrades to the (New To You) MOOMBA, come to this site for ideas and opinions. I wish I would have right after I got mine. Going to be starting a few new ones I got the from looing at what others have done. (Thanks Newty and Cab.) To list a couple.

Sled491 Guest

Hey welcome to the team, lets see some pics and your mod ideas!

I'M changing out the head unit, installing the Blue Sea bat. switch, and hopefully going to do the sub cut out that NEWTY did. (Will be getting with you to get more info, if you don't mind)

CAB...what I was thinking of doing, is instead of running the two power lines out of the switch, over to the amps. Can I run One over into a distribution box, then into the amps? Do I put the breaker(s) on the one line to the dist. block or on the lines to the amps? I will be adding a third amp..MONO for the sub,(hopefully sooner than later).

Oh ya... and relocating the amp board.

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDNIRON8971 View Post
    I'M changing out the head unit, installing the Blue Sea bat. switch, and hopefully going to do the sub cut out that NEWTY did. (Will be getting with you to get more info, if you don't mind)

CAB...what I was thinking of doing, is instead of running the two power lines out of the switch, over to the amps. Can I run One over into a distribution box, then into the amps? Do I put the breaker(s) on the one line to the dist. block or on the lines to the amps? I will be adding a third amp..MONO for the sub,(hopefully sooner than later).

Oh ya... and relocating the amp board.
    Yes you can run one cable from the switch to the distribution block but if you want to do it right, you would use a cable that has a cross-sectional area equal to the two cables coming out of the distribution block so that it is not a bottleneck. You can put the breaker on the one cable between the distribution block and the switch but make sure you choose a fuse/breaker with an amp rating equal to the amp rating of your two amps added together (this assumes your two amps have on board fuses). I could not do it this way because my JL Audio amp does not not have any on board fuses.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I would use a relay type breaker for you line to the distro box. Your distro box should have fuses for each line to the amps build in. If it doesn't then a fuse online there would be safest. I would rather have a one fuse blow then let a surge get that close to the amp.

Clarification on line size would be if your running 4gauge line to the 2 amps then you need 2guage line to the distro box.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I have (4) of the 100 amp breakers that Cab had used. I was thinking about running 4 guage from the switch to the Dist. block, then 8 down to the amps.(Is that going to be big enough?)

so should I place a breaker on the wire to the dist. block and then one each to the amps??? Thanks by the way for all the help from everyone.

Will check on the AMP rating for the amps.(If this would be helpful info for you)