Default 2000 Moomba Mobius

I am looking at a 2000 Moomba Mobius to purchase. We do more skiing than boarding. Skiing is mostly aggressive short line and courses. I'm looking for a boat that has a pretty nice slalom wake. Ideally it could be fat-sacked into having nice boarding wakes.

Questions: How are the wakes on the Mobius (direct not the V-drive)? Is the Mobius first and foremost a wakeboarding boat? Is the 2000 year Mobius a decent one, or one to be avoided? What's the track record?

Any input before I invest a bunch more time in pursuing this boat would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

the 2000 mobius is a ski boat first. The 99 was awsa approved and i believe nothing changed for 2000, but i'm sure someone will chime in. Had very few probs with my 99, it did 45mph and i used it for barefooting. I had the carb, the efi would have been nice for starting. Its a great boat imo. With factory ballast the wake increased, and with peeps in the boat we could surf as well
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I also picked up a 99 with 5.7L carb in 2000. Not sure about the hull wrt to 2000 model. Mostly ski - have pulled 8 skiers on tandems - no problem. Been a good boat for me, but less experienced skiers have expressed concern over the wake. I ski 34 mph at 28-38 off, open water. I don't notice the wake. The 22 off bump is noticeable, I skied 15 off for a ong time behind tghis boat and then jumped to 28 off to avoid the bump. But as you know - if you are on edge, not much really of an issue. I have skied behind it with fat-sacs, probably 400 lbs worth. Not something I recommend.

I have noticed that with a boat load the wake is not so noice. We also ski from private doc, so even if we have a lot of people I ony take at most three others out, normally try to keep it to two in boat and one on ski. I have actually dropped people off at the doc in the middle of a run. The wake is also sensitive to weight distribution, but I think that is typical of DD in general.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off