Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hawkeye Depth Finder

Anyone have any experience with the Hawkeye D10D depth finder? Trying to find a spot in the hull to mount the in-hull transducer.

Search the forum for "depth finder", mmandley just did that very unit on his i believe.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Thanks, but mmandley used the "through hull". I don't think I have the courage to drill a hole through my hull. This is the in-hull transducer that is supposed to be epoxied in the bottom of the hull. Doesn't seem to be working in the spot I have it in.

Oh my bad should have noticed that. Wish I could help but i did the through hull also.
    06 Outback V

vandy, i am looking at doing the same as you. I've looked at the hummingbird, faria and lowrance all in-hull. let me know what you have found or ended up with.

I have a Hawkeye in my boat. I mounted the transducer next to the motor, driver side. I used some 5 Minute Epoxy (forget brand) to hold it in place. It works great!

Red face

Could you use this guage and just put in the hole where the speedo paddle is?Will the stock speedo work with this gauge?

I have heard good things about the Hawkeye. I just want the basic depth sounder nothing fancy or complicated to install.

I had good luck with the Hawkeye so far. The epoxy is used just let loose, so I need to redo it. I epoxied the puck about a foot behind the bilge pump. Worked great there until the epoxy let loose. I put the gauge in where the battery gauge was, and relocated the battery gauge to the wall near the throttle. Works great and looks clean.