Reese350 Guest

Default Sub for Outback?

I'm picking up a 2007 Outback and want to add an amp and sub. I plan to go with the JL M6600 amp to drive the cabin and sub. I would like to go with the 10" JL sub and would like to mount the infinite baffle version somewhere in the boat (maybe the kick panel under the console?). Anyone mounted a sub in an outback? Where did you mount it?

Mine is in an outback v, but it sounds great. I got a great deal on the polk MOMO otherwise i would have gone with the JL sub.I moved the batteries up toward the bow and will probably re-orient the jl 6600m amp.

cheers

A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Reese,

Assuming you have the elevated floor hump in front of your feet, the JL free-air 10-inch would work pretty well. The face of many of the humps can be very thin fiberglass so if this is the case it wouldn't hurt to reinforce the baffle surface with an overlay panel. Make sure that any other penetrations in the driver's side hump are well sealed up. Also, a facade that is installed above the sub that somewhat seals off the large under-helm cavity will help the acoustic output of a hump-mounted sub. Otherwise, this cavity tends to consume, store and release energy that is out-of-phase with the sub's output. Hope this helps.

David
    Earmark Marine