Hybrid View

Default Krypt 6.5 HLCD Speaker

Has anyone heard or have any experience with the Krypt 6.5 HLCD tower speaker. They seem to be going for less than $200 on ebay. Seems like a great deal for a HLCD speaker...

A few members on here have them and like them very well. Then again, a few of us went with Bullet Hollow Point 770's when they were 40% off a couple months ago.

From a thread on WW, those are knockoffs and not the same quality.

Quote Originally Posted by sailing217 View Post
    From a thread on WW, those are knockoffs and not the same quality.
    I didn't want to bring up that sore subject.

For anyone considering Krypt Audio products you might want to first read this thread:

Caveat-Emptor-specials

interesting read. this has been going on for years in the import car scene and it really seems to those posting in the centurion website that it's a new thing. companies called buschur racing and AMS both make parts for the mitsu evolutions. both have a ton of time in r&d and market research. as soon as a new part hits the market, the "chinese" knockoffs show up on ebay, usually within 30-45 days. there are obvious differences in the quality, but the overall look of the parts is the same, just like the issues with bullet and krypt speakers. buschur has been fighting this issue for over 10 years.
    if the bullet speakers are that much better(disclaimer, it's what I bought from earmark and haven't ever seen/heard krypt), they will sell on their merits(as they did for me). it's apparent already that ken from bulletlines has some questionable information around the net, so it really boils down to those doing their due dilligence prior to purchasing(again, nothing against bulletlines, just some questionable complaints that made me look elsewhere).

if there are some issues with how bulletlines obtained the speakers, then bullet should be all over the legal aspects of it, or not complain, and at the end of the day, the superior product will win out, both in terms of customer service and quality of the product.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten