Default Bow weighting an XLV?

When surfing does the wake improve in length with extra bow ballast. I'm possibly looking at getting some Pop bags loaded with steel shot. My XLV will have 750lb sacs on each side in the rear lockers.

it is suppose to, wwhy not just use a ballast bag?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

You realy need like 400 to 800 lbs in the nose to sit right running 750 in the rear. Lsv ans Xlv tend to ride best for surfng with 750 in the rear 400 center and 600 bow, at least that's what I read. That's going to be my setup.

I wouldn't do 600 dead weight n the front as your nose will ride low all the time and might cause more rollers over the nose when picking up wake boarders and or issues trailering it.

I'd go ballast bag 250ish plus 100 maybe in new drain pump and plumbing.

I'll post my build next month, waiting on my boat funds to arrive end of the month lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    it is suppose to, wwhy not just use a ballast bag?
    The Pop bags loaded with steel pellets/shot is almost half the room of water. Plus you can easily move the bags side to side in the bow under the seats. the Pop bags can be shaped to fit just about any contour as well. With a v-shaped bow sac the water will be can only be evenly distributed on both sides plus the bow sac will take up the entire underseat storage. Another plus is that you can move the Pop bags anywhere in the boat to tweak the shape depending on people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    you always gonna keep that extra weight in your boat?

Sure gonna be a pain in the arse moving pop bags in and out of the boat compared to flopping a ballast bag over the side

Please keep in mind that too much dead weight in your boat is dangerous if your boat happens to get swamped.

Water ballast won't sink your boat

How do you flop a 400+lb bow sac over the side when it's under the seats?

Sled491 Guest

Heck Ed you know guys who never empty there ballast, and 400lbs wouldn't be much different than a couple guys always being there with you for a ride. I'm not sure 400 would be all that dangerous, but I do understand the idea that water ballast will never sink your boat.

Default Ballast Bag Flop

Ed, can we get a video of this so called ballast bag flop? you have peaked my curiosity. Where do you flop them to? the lake ? the driveway?... or maybe its a new move only seen at the ballet?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

DOCDRS, I'm pretty sure Ed is referring to pulling tha bags out after they been drained and flopping them over the side of the boat to let the bag and floor dry.

Otherwise I'd like to see that too!

PWI as usual...

Awe now ya just made my smile turn upside down.....
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug