Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Talking

Kaneboats and Sled - Tough for me to diagnose your respective conditions as you gave me no symptoms. Feeling ill or sick is a bit vague. Although, right at the top of my list is to ask if your behavior leading up to being under the weather included consumption of alcohol. By the way, I do know how to make people feel good. My wife calls me Dr. Love. - Deerfield
    Last edited by deerfield; 01-15-2010 at 12:46 PM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    I do know how to make people feel good. My wife calls me Dr. Love.
    Uh, that's OK. Feeling better now. Maybe Sled needs some of your Love, Dr.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Michigan tourneys

I've never seen a moomba in tourneys here in the great state of michigan. I could have missed 'em though. Most of our tourneys are pulled with mc, cc, and malibu. one tourney site is owned by the cc dealer so mainly cc tow boats. another site is a mc club site, so mainly mc tows. the others generally have a mc, cc and malibu as they are promo boats with promo team skiers and cert. drivers.

I think if moomba started a promo prog. they might get more tournament exposure, but do they really need exp. thier boats rock !!

I can ski behind my outback and do fine in tourn. pulled by other brands.

Smile Thats a Great show

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopskier View Post
    I don't know about 3 event tournaments. I did see 2 Outbacks being used in the WI State waterski show tournament. In the world of show skiing this is a large event, teams from all over WI, 23 teams. Teams that run multiple tow boats ranging from just inboards to just multi-engine outboards and a mix of the two. No I/Os! Outboard boats with up to 900 hp combined outboards (3x300hp).

It was neat to see the Moomba be represented in an area which is dominated by ski nautique, mastercraft and malibu. Interesting to see a these tow boats actually pull more than one skier at a time unlike your average weekend warriors, such as 5 slalom skiers doing a 360 round the boat (no tower clearly).

A great proving area that Moomba is on par with other manufacturer products in performance and durability.

This is a link to a complete video of the waterski show using a 09 Moomba Outback (blue/black) The video is about 60min.

http://www.waterski.org/index.php?op...d=79&Itemid=73
    Thanks for the link, that was a pretty entertaing show!
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

In addition to the the requirements below, I thought I had heard that all tournament approved boats must have Zero-Off for speed control. But I can't find that requirement anywhere. The reaons I mention that is that my 1999 Mobius (basically an Outback) was AWSA approved, but I bet I could never pull a tournament becasue I have no speed control at all...

From USWSA web site:

Towboats approved for AWSA competitions in 2011 are: Centurion Carbon Pro, Malibu Response LXi, MasterCraft ProStar 190, MasterCraft ProStar 197, Ski Nautique 200 and Sport Nautique 200 (v-drive). Members of AWSA’s Towboat Committee, technical experts, drivers and top water ski athletes conducted this year's evaluations. Among the highlights this year, the Centurion Carbon Pro and Sport Nautique 200 are new towboats; the Ski Nautique 200 was tested with a new high output 6.0L engine; and MasterCraft tested with engines by a new manufacturer, Ilmor.

To have a boat evaluated, a manufacturer must be a USA Water Ski Gold Corporate Member, and a member of the American Water Ski Educational Foundation and Water Sports Industry Association.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Reese350 Guest

Eseebeck,

Do you ski in the local slalom tournaments? It sounds like you might be talking about Jepawhit just north of Fenton. We go to almost all of the MI tournaments with my son. Would be great to meet you if you're there.

Scott