Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2010 Outback not on AWSA list

Hi. I noticed that the Outback is not on the 2010 "approved" list. Anyone know why? I get the feeling it won't matter much to anyone, I'm just curious. Probably some political reason.

The list is very short this year and only includes the CC 200, Malibu Response Lxi and two models of the MasterCraft ProStar.
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

does that mean that won't be pulling skiers in the national tourneys???
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Spoke today with Brandon Wolf at USA Water Ski. Per Brandon, the 2010 model year boats that are on the approved AWSA tournament towboat list are: Nautique 200 (open and closed bows, 5.7 and 6.0 engines), Malibu xli response (5.7 engine only), Prostar 190 (5.7 and 6.0 engines), and Prostar 197 (5.7 engine only). He said that once a boat is approved by AWSA it does not fall of the list. So, 2009 and prior year Outbacks remain approved for three-event towing at sanctioned tournaments. Per Barndon, manufacturers must pay a fee to USA Water Ski to cover cost of the test and license rights to use AWSA in its marketing of the towboat. The 2010 list of approved towboats will be posted on USA Water Skis web site in a few days.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    So your saying that the few boats listed are new models or versions? Therefore the Outback with no changes is still approved and will show up on the main list later?
    Sled - As to your first question, yes, the handful of boats specifically listed as 2010 AWSA approved tournament towboats are 2010 models. Moomba did not submit a 2010 model year for testing, therefore, its 2010 Outback, though it may be unchanged from 2009, does not appear on AWSA's 2010 model year list. With respect to the first part of your second question, that answer, too, is yes. Any Outback prior year model that was previously approved for tournament towing and on the AWSA list remains approved for tournament towing. The second part of your question I do not think I can answer with certainty. I think I found the "main list" to which you make reference. It is under "Approved Towboats History" on the USA Water Ski web site and includes: 93,97-99 Moomba Boomerang; 98-01 Moomba Kanga; 99 Moomba Mobius; 98-01,03-09 Moomba Outback; and 99-01 Moomba Outback LS. I would speculate that we will not see 2010 Outback ever appear on this list, even though the 2010 model (hull design, engine, and power train) is essentially unchanged from 2009. If I showed up at a tournament with a 2010 model, my guess is that it would be disqualified after the judges took a look at the VIN. I'm a bit out of my league here. If any of this is wrong, someone help me out. Thanks. - Deerfield
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Here's the very boat that was used for the 2009 AWSA testing...

it's for sale at Watersports of Central Florida

http://www.orlandoboats.com/boatdisp.php?id=263
    Ed - It sure will make a nice boat for a lucky buyer. Though included in the test boat, I do not regret taking a pass on the 340 engine. The 325 provides plenty of torque and so far has been bullet proof. But, I sure would like to have that Perfect Pass Digital Pro. Among its other advantages, it would relieve my sons of the additional task of watching speedos to adjust speed and let them focus on what's in front when pulling me. - Deerfield
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

Smile

Deerfield i'm like you except that i've since added the PP wakeboard pro and other than a blown module(since fixed) its the one of the most used and liked items in or on the boat. Definetely worth adding.

Are Outbacks used in tournaments very often? I haven't seen one yet. However, I did see an Outback prominently displayed in the Edged in Water 2 video.

Laz
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

I don't know about 3 event tournaments. I did see 2 Outbacks being used in the WI State waterski show tournament. In the world of show skiing this is a large event, teams from all over WI, 23 teams. Teams that run multiple tow boats ranging from just inboards to just multi-engine outboards and a mix of the two. No I/Os! Outboard boats with up to 900 hp combined outboards (3x300hp).

It was neat to see the Moomba be represented in an area which is dominated by ski nautique, mastercraft and malibu. Interesting to see a these tow boats actually pull more than one skier at a time unlike your average weekend warriors, such as 5 slalom skiers doing a 360 round the boat (no tower clearly).

A great proving area that Moomba is on par with other manufacturer products in performance and durability.

This is a link to a complete video of the waterski show using a 09 Moomba Outback (blue/black) The video is about 60min.

http://www.waterski.org/index.php?op...d=79&Itemid=73
    Last edited by Hoopskier; 01-14-2010 at 07:31 AM.

as the guy who was generous enough to have two Chicago Deep Dish Pizza's sent to me
    Uh oh, Deerfield, I'm feeling a little sick.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I will cut you a super deal off the already ridiculously low price.
    Ed - The purchase for this spring will be a barefoot boom. It's been on the radar but not in the budget the past two summers. The boys are eager to try footin'. And, as you probably know, boom is the way to go. Also, we find that some of their friends really struggle to get up on skis and wakeboards. I think the boom for those kids will help get them up and give them a sense of accomplishment. It's all about having fun and giving kids a day they will remember. So, I appreciate but need to pass on the very, very gracious PP offer. For now the boys will try to improve on the manual throttle touch while keeping a keen watch for any wayward watercraft. Best - Deerfield
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart