Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default anyone ever removed ski pole?

Just wondering if anyone has ever removed the ski pole in front of the motor on direct drive boats? If so, a couple of questions:

1. Any steps/input on how to remove it? I looked at the base and it appears that the base would stay in place, and the actual pole is held in position by 4 screws, almost like how you would mount a Christmas tree. On the bolts (they have a square head) there is a nut that appears to be a lock nut type of set up. Do I remove the bolt via the square head or do I loosen the nut or a combo of both?

2. When the pole is removed, what did you put in place of the hole in the floor? On my boat, the carpet is cut into a star pattern, so with the pole removed, i can pull the carpet back up to cover the whole, although I am going to need something underneath for support.

Any input is appreciated.

-DJ

Ed,

In looking at the way the ski pole is mounted, it looks like I can put it back in with relative ease. As far as pulling a skier, we either wakeboard or pull mutlitple tubes (in which we use the tow eye at the rear of boat). If we ever pull a skier, we would just use the rear tow eye.

Default Ski pole

this seems to me to be a very silly idea, maybe you should look at another kind of boat. I mean these boats are purpose built.

The room you would get would be minimal. You would no longer have a place to clamp your barefoot boom to , or add a skylon tower for pole dancing. Or a place for your passenger to hang on to when your doing 180's at 45mph
    always my fav (no I mean are you really holding on)
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Removing the ski pylon is the worst idea ever!
    2013 Outback V

I've never looked into removing a ski pole/pylon. I'm sure they can be removed for replacement should it be damaged, from what you describe. I think removing a pylon from a ski boat is just bad Karma
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

its just wrong to remove it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Smile

I agree don't do it. If your skiing from the back eye hook ya might as well be skiing behind a fishing boat or somehting else.

I'd have to concur with everyone above. Being an owner of a DD, the ski pole and the way the boat is manufactured is the main reason I own it. I'd say trader her in and make some skier a happy camper. Get into a boat that fits more your family needs!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    The room you would get would be minimal. You would no longer have a place to clamp your barefoot boom to , or add a skylon tower for pole dancing. Or a place for your passenger to hang on to when your doing 180's at 45mph
    always my fav (no I mean are you really holding on)
    this forum just keeps getting better...why didn't i think of the idea of pole dancing! i mean the sundeck acts as a stage for the ladies!