Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Big one tonight. Any predictions?

I think TX showed a tough D (like Nebraska) can slow them down a lot. Meanwhile FL had a pretty good D and Alabama was able to set them up and hit some big plays against them. I think you give Saban 30 days to prepare and it's like giving another coach 3 mos. (and no, I don't really like him or AL). Then again, there's that Heismann jinx, right?
    It's should be a good one tonight... I think Alabama has the edge, but we'll find out for sure soon enough.

as an LSU fan & as much as i hate to say it....ROLL TIDE!!!
    '08 OBV-gravity III with two 550 lb & one 400 lb, 3 pair of Kicker KM613 cabin speakers, Kicker KM10 sub, one set KM6500.2 HLCD tower speakers, Kicker ZXM700.5 amp, Kicker ZX450.2 & Kenwood KMR-440U head unit

We got cheated out of a good game. Give TX credit for doign their best to make it watch worthy though. Gators will have their work cut out for them next year with Alabama returning a lot of guys.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Even with Colt McCoy out Texas had a good chance. Couple problems, Gilbert should have taken a sack or kept the ball and maybe get a yard or two instead of trying the short pass that was ran back in the closing seconds. Gilbert also fumbled the ball when Texas had moment going in the last quarter. Alabama's Jackson got away with 2 pass interference in a row. Texas caught called for one pass interference when both players were pushing off. A win is a win for Alabama but Texas held their own.

That's a lot to ask from a "true freshman"! I think he did as good a job as he could coming into such a big game like that to keep them in it. Kuddo's

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Yep. You cant ask a frosh to do much more than what Gilbert did last night. Alabama is the SEC and I usually pull for the SEC, but I have always liked the Horns, so last night was frustrating to say the least. Bama was clearly more physical of the two teams, and Saban's recruiting really showed as Bama had more true athletes on the field than Texas. This was surprising to me.

Sucks that Colt was not in there, although anyone would be guessing to speculate how it would have changed things. BOTH teams' game plans changed when he went out.

I too wish Colt could have stayed healthy but depth is part of having a good football team. Y'all should have seen Tuscaloosa after that game. Everyone was going crazy. It was a blast. I can't believe it happened while I was at school here. College football is over now so come on warm weather so we can get the boat in and get after it on the water! Roll Tide Roll.