Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cbboarder View Post
    Okay here's a new guy question. Since we haven't had our new boat in the water yet, is the Gravity III stock system good enough to surf behind? I've surfed in college (FAU, Go Owls!) but not behind a boat. Sorry if this has been addressed before but I couldn't locate it.
    Yes you can surf it with the stock ballast-only fill one rear, but its much more fun with a larger wave, Get a flyhigh 750lb ballast bag as its a direct replacement.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Yes! The pics will come once we have it in the water. The lift is being installed this month and the recommendation is to hold off until the 2nd week of April before dropping the boat. I'm sooo ready for the summer. We're heading up this weekend to start clearing rocks and debris from around the dock. Since Nottely is a TVA lake they draw it down every winter.

So back to my question, will the stock Gravity III be adequate?
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!
    2009 Outback V

Kane I currently have 2 rule pumps running in my boat. I took out the stock 4 inlet monifold out and added a 5 inlet manifold. I have two water inlets, one from each pump and 3 out to the valves. I had to remove the strainer to make it work. I pulled the springs on the rear solenoids and that really helps speed up fill times. As I mentioned earlier if you ground down the scupper and pulled all the springs you probably won't have any flow-by issues.
    Also 3/4" inlet will work for two rules for a short run. As long as you "T" right at the scupper you will be fine flow wise. Check out mine.
    This system takes me about 15min to fill 1200lbs on the surf side and 1000lbs in the bow, filling at the same time.

PWI as usual...

Shameless plug: I have my factory Rule pump listed in the classifieds if anyone wants to follow in Newty's footsteps! I could probably be convinced to throw the ball valve in for free is well.

Cpboarder,

Yes you should be able to see with the stock ballast. I have th gI and have two 400lbs in the rear i manually fill with a tsunami pump. This wave is with the front full, 1 400 lb bag and 1/2 ot the other 400lb bag on top total 600lbs

check out the other pics in my profile or search the thread can your surf an OBV.

The 750 bag is a little big for the obv 06 to 08 rear comaprtments.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Newty do you have the dual pumps wired together, did you have to change out the fuse or anything. Will this fit in an OBV 07 or older lsv model, In your humble opinion.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Yea just jumpered the wires together and they both run w/ no issues. I ran it all last summer w/ no issues.
    As far as fitting in an OBV if you have the factory GIII system then it should fit.
    All I did was turn the left rear solenoid forward on the extra port and put the second rule inlet where the solenoid used to sit.
    FYI home de-pot has those manifolds in the irrigation section. It wasn't grey to match the original but green did the job.

In my humble opinion.

PWI as usual...

But you will eventually want the larger sacs.

Holy Crap Ed, I cant believe you said that? lol

PWI as usual...

I know thats just not your usual answer to surfing. All in good fun.

PWI as usual...

Newty,

Thanks, i am uprgrading from GI to GIII and saw all these misc parts on the board. I will hook it up stock stuff and see how i like it, compared to the manual side of things.

thx

you boys and your sacs " sounds like my former Congressman on TV last night"
    Last edited by jmvotto; 03-10-2010 at 04:11 PM. Reason: suck at typing

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold