Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    ok, got to the lake this last sunday -on the water for the 1st time in about 4 months- and my surfbag 750lb was filled in about 3 minutes- now this was using the clock on the phone as i forgot my watch, but anyway it was noticable faster than any system ive had in the past. Had one little water leak on one of my fittings-forgot the tape on it.

No vented loops being used, running inline oneway valves that open with very little presure and close tight-so water wont siphon back out.

Still have to cut off the cap on the factory scupper so its more of a thru hull and then should be completely done.

Need to get out a couple more times and actually time it and use it before i will call it a success.

Remember I was trying to reuse as many old parts as possible and not pay out much more money-so far so good.

Kaneboats--got some ideas for you. send me a photo of one of your xtra rule pumps you have-sinclair project maybe.
    You going to do a write up on your system Daze?

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Kaneboats--got some ideas for you. send me a photo of one of your xtra rule pumps you have-sinclair project maybe.
    Here's a pic of what my pumps look like (they are supposed to be Rule 2000's):
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Here's a pic of what my pumps look like (they are supposed to be Rule 2000's):

yep, those look correct
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I guess the question is, right now, if you had the unmodded system and 2 Rule pumps sitting around, what would you do first? Assume I'll be adding a 750 on the surf side only right away-- but not messing with the cooler at this time.

I would think something along the lines of adding 1 new thru hull and a pump dedicated to just the surf bag for starters and upgrading the line to the surf bag. ? ? ? (May have to stop by and hit you up for that beer after all -- on second thought, let me buy!)
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I think 1st we need to see how much room you have next to the trans/v-drive for adding pumps, I think yours has a water strainer so that may change things a little. But yes I would add one thru hull just for filling that surf bag. I remember when I got my bag and just using the factory system took over 30minutes to fill everything.

The beer offer stands anytime-the pool fridge allways has some in it. Swing by with the boat tonight and we can check it out. The offer to spend the night is open and then you can get home tomorrow morning before your meeting.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Thanks for the kind offer again. I just can't do it. I took the afternoon off today so I could run down there but I have to head back tonight. Too much going on at work right now. What I should do is head down for prop test weekend on Fri night-- hang out on a Sat. and then go to Clermont on Sun. or something like that. Needs to be a Sat you're off though. Hard to schedule stuff, isn't it?
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Thanks for the kind offer again. I just can't do it. I took the afternoon off today so I could run down there but I have to head back tonight. Too much going on at work right now. What I should do is head down for prop test weekend on Fri night-- hang out on a Sat. and then go to Clermont on Sun. or something like that. Needs to be a Sat you're off though. Hard to schedule stuff, isn't it?

Very hard to dang near impossible, except we just hired another person so I might be able to get a saturday off. If you and the family can come down let me know and Ill tell them I wont be in that saturday.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Hey remember your towing precious cargo home-be carefull
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Okay here's a new guy question. Since we haven't had our new boat in the water yet, is the Gravity III stock system good enough to surf behind? I've surfed in college (FAU, Go Owls!) but not behind a boat. Sorry if this has been addressed before but I couldn't locate it.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!
    2009 Outback V

You have an OBV, right? When are you gonna get some pictures up? We want to see that bad boy (girl) before Sinclair in July.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!