Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Mobius LS

This is pretty much how it went down:

-And the guys address states it is in Michigan just a couple hours away from me. So I contact the seller and this is the email I received:

The 2004 Moomba Mobius LS is still for sale. Buy it now price is $11,000.

About the item: it is in immaculate condition and hasn't been involved in any collision. Maintenance has always been done at the end of every season, new filters and fresh oil. Only 146 hours on it. Trailer included. Clear title.

The boat is located in Portland. The delivery will take within 5 to 7 working days (with insurance and 15 days return policy).

As soon as the boat arrives, you will test and if it does not matches 100% of your expectations, you will return it in max. 15 days since the arrival date. In this case I will pay the return shipping and insurance fees.

ALSO ABOUT PAYMENT AND SHIPPING I WILL USE ONLY EBAY SO WE CAN BOTH BE PROTECTED!

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO E-MAIL ME YOUR EBAY USER ID AND COMPLETE NAME AND ADDRESS FOR SHIPPING AND AFTER THAT EBAY WILL CONTACT YOU WITH MORE INFO REGARDING SHIPPING AND PAYMENT!

If you agree with my above terms, I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible. I have reserved the boat for you until I will have your final answer.

Alan

-Once I emailed back and said that I bought it for $13,300 and I was going to pick the boat up, his response was:

Oh, i though the boat didn't sell, i didn't received the winning email, sorry about that. It seams that you are the winning bidder. I forgot to update my eBay account with my actual address, this is my fault, and i will handle the shipping.

-I won it for $13,300 now he is offering it for $11,000 WTF? So I contacted him stating I was going to pick the boat up this weekend in MI. This is the response I got:

I would like too, but i'm in Portland, Oregon.

Considering the lake are froze here I have time. So I'm not in a real hurry, it was just one of those "too good to be true" deals.
    I'm located in Wisconsin but I am willing to travel pretty much anywhere if its a good enough deal.

I'm looking to spend $10,000 to $20,000 maybe a little more if it is a deal.

Thanks Guys

do some research, use nada guides to find the average selling price of these boats, check the classified sections on here and at wakeworld.com to determine appropriate pricing. If the price is too good to be true, then it is. There is either something major wrong with the boat, or its a scam. No one buys boats to give them away to people they dont know for cheap. Good luck, if you're looking for a tournament wake boat stick with moomba, great value for the price!

There is a nice XLV on Wakeworld but I think its sold already.

New Guy,

Where are you located in WI. I'm in WI as well, and I just purchased my boat in Oct. I looked for almost 2 yrs on and off before I found one. However, that was before I knew that I wanted a Moomba. Anyway, I found craigslist to be the most useful. Let me know if I can help.
    Welcome to the forum!!!!

New guy I had the exact same scam pulled on a Corrvette I wanted to buy. It was a 92 low miles for 6k and same thing happened. Car add said it was local to me bug realy in Cali. They wanted my money sent threw a pay pal system. The problem is if you use the pay pal you eighter spend more time and money getting your money back or you never get it back.

I strongly urge anyone buying cars or boats or any vechicle online to be able yo touch it and drive it before purchase. Also run the vin threw the DMV and police to make sure it's a legal sale.

Another big scam is steal a car chane the vin sell it cheap and once it's gone the car won't registar and when it's sent threw the police your arrested for possesion of stolen property or the property is taken and your out your cash.

Be very Leary of the term when it's to good to be true it prolly is
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

2007 I am from Appleton you?

I have been hitting up the Jaxxed site:
    http://www2.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi

And its been pretty helpful

Portland eh? We should call that guys bluff and go see the boat. I'm sure Mike could scare up about 10 of the local guys here from the forum to show up and have a look at the boat.

I'm with Mike though... I'd be hella worried even if that boat is right here in portland... whats the reality when you go see it. I'd have it checked out before giving anyone a dime!

-Brian

I sold an eclipse gst and 2 mitsu evolutions online, shipped 2 across the country and bought one of the evo's online, all private party and had excellent experiences with it, but it def. pays to do some research prior to sending any money.
    with all the cars, I had to take them to a dealer and have a vehicle inspection sent to the buyer(at his expense) prior to the sale.

one of the evo's came from portland on a side note. guy that owns Alta Mini Performance, a Mini Cooper parts distributer. Took him to the cleaners for the car, but he had to have a new vette...

ebay has some deals, and with the internet, has turned the market into a national from a local market, but if the deal smells too good, probably is..

good luck in your quest. kind of a slow time to be looking for a boat. bet a ton will pop up in spring.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

sandm

It wouldn't be a big deal but the guy lied about his location and the price thing is sketchy. So I'm walking away.

good decision. find a solid deal that you feel good about. it will come....

I have worked with a lot of people from your neck of the woods over the years.. all I can say are wisconsinites really know how to drink
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten