Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cheap Ski Lodging in CO

I see some posts on skiing here and it reminded me that there are several folks in the Denver area on this forum. I used to live in Denver and I still have a property in Silverthorne. I am renting a 2BR/1BA "lock-off" unit this ski season for just $90/night (same price for holidays).

Below is a link to an ad I placed on Craigslist. Please contact me at the # and e-mail provided on the link if interested.

http://rockies.craigslist.org/vac/1510775868.html

Moderators: If this is inappropriate, I apologize and please delete this post.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Sled491 Guest

What resorts is that close to A Basin and Keystone or more towards Beaver Creek?

Sled,

It's about 20 minutes to Arapahoe Basin, Keystone, and Breckenridge, about 30 to Copper, and about 45 or so to Vail/Beaver Creek.

CO skiers - is that about right? It's been a little while so I might be a little off but that's pretty close I think.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thats a great ski area, I miss going west to ski.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Sounds like a special deal for Moomba board members to me.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Cab,

Those distances sound about right, although Beaver Creek is a good hour drive from Denver, especially if there is any traffic. A-Basin is 30-40 minutes from Denver.

On a side note, the last time we traveled out to CO we decided to stay in Denver and drive out to A-Basin rather than staying at Beaver Creek. We really enjoyed skiing A-Basin and the price was MUCH cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by polar21 View Post
    Cab,

Those distances sound about right, although Beaver Creek is a good hour drive from Denver, especially if there is any traffic. A-Basin is 30-40 minutes from Denver.

On a side note, the last time we traveled out to CO we decided to stay in Denver and drive out to A-Basin rather than staying at Beaver Creek. We really enjoyed skiing A-Basin and the price was MUCH cheaper.
    polar,

You're a little off on your drive times - Vail/Beaver Creek is a good hour and 45 minutes from Denver and A-Basin is about an hour and 15 and that's with no trafffic. On the weekends, plan on adding at least 30 minutes to that if you leave at peak time.

My property is in Silverthorne, which is an hour west of Denver, along I-70. You are past the congestion point - the Eisenhower tunnel - so access to the ski areas is easy.

Wish I could give everyone a discount but $90/night is already a smoking deal. And I'm not jacking up the price over the holidays like everyone else does.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I looked up actual distances from my property to the ski areas. Here they are:

Keystone - 10 miles
    Copper Mountain - 13 miles
    Arapahoe Basin (A-Basin) - 15 miles
    Breckenridge - 16 miles
    Vail - 32 miles
    Beaver Creek - 41 miles
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Awesome deal. Luckily my gf family has a house in breckenridge. We have a group heading out there Dec 29-Jan 3rd. Hopefully they will get more snow in the next 2 weeks.

Anybody ever done Breck for new years? Hot spots?

SC_LSV
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV Black/Grey
    Board - 08 Ronix Covin / 08 Ronix Cells
    Surf - CWB Tsunami
    Audio - 6 - JL M650-CCX 6.5" in boat
    2 - JL M770-ETX 7.7" on Tower
    2 - JL 10" W1 Subs
    JL M6600W & JL M1700W Amps

Quote Originally Posted by SC_LSV View Post
    Luckily my gf family has a house in breckenridge. We have a group heading out there Dec 29-Jan 3rd. Hopefully they will get more snow in the next 2 weeks. Anybody ever done Breck for new years? Hot spots?
    SC LSV - Excellent place to party on Main Street sold out a couple of years ago, so don't have a current recommendation for New Years. But, for breakfast I recommend Columbine Cafe, also located on Main Street. Large portions of home cooking. Try the applewood smoked bacon. Pretty good stuff. It gets busy, so avoid peak times. Be sure to check out Racers Edge at the north end of Main Street. Cool gear. Pretty neat pictures and autographs on the second floor. I envy you. Have a great time! - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles