Default 2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition

So I just picked up a 2015 Mojo surf edition. I was blastin the stereo the other day and it wasnt all I expected it to be. The bass seemed like it was lacking. I looked into that and I'm currently working on enclosing the 10" kicker sub.

The boat has 6 kicker cabin speakers (2 in the bow, 4 next to the benches on each side), the 10" kicker sub, and what looks to be a pair of Rev10s on the Oz tower. For amps, there is a kxm800.5 and a kx200.2. I havent looked at what's running what, but amp 2 on the kxm800.5 looks to have 4 speakers hooked up to it. I'm guessing that's not ideal?

Then the second question i have is, no matter how you spin it, I dont think any of the amps have enough power to run the rev10s. If thats the case whats my best budget option for a correctly sized amp? I dont really care if its marine rated.

I have the same boat. Picked it up earlier this year and had the same problems.
    However, I had no bow speakers, Roswell 6.5 swivels and Rev 8's already on the tower and some JL audio M3 open air sub. Butchered wiring, cut RCA's, horrible sound.

The sub needs a box. The Kicker 10 you could put in a truck box (.65cuft) then mount that to the carpeted helm plate and shove it back in the hole. I did something similar but I upgraded to a 12" sub and built the box myself.

The KX800.5 - Channel 1 & 2 - Bow speakers L & R / Channel 3 & 4 Main cabin L & R (both lefts on 3 - both rights on 4). This will give you 65W to each Bow speaker and 100W to each set of main cabin speaker (50W each speaker) - tune gain accordingly.
    Sub channel is 200W which is enough for the Kicker you have, but if you upgrade you can run a 2 Ohm sub and get close to 400W out of the same amp.

I did this but I had a 4 channel for the cabin/bow speaker and then I used the KX200.2 bridged at 4 Ohm to run my sub.

The Rev 10's - if all you have is the KX200.2 you do not have enough power. But maybe enough for this season and upgrade later. Truly need a good amp with 200W RMS each channel to fully power these. The 200.2 is only going to give you 50W per channel. If you want to only spend a little, just upgrade this amp to something like Wet Sounds DX2 and they will scream for miles.

I had to throw Zone control out the window from the Fusion unit, but it can be done. Others will chime in for sure on this.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I have the 2016 Mojo Surf Edition. The bass is definitely lacking on our system too. One thing you may want to watch out for is the sound in the captain's chair is much quieter than for everyone else in the boat. I have had numerous complaints about bleeding ears from the back bench when all I was trying to do was hear the music.

27434064660456.jpg
    Got the sub enclosure in the works. Surprised by the price of the DX2, but if that's the most wallet friendly route, that's what I'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfire View Post
    27434064660456.jpg
    Got the sub enclosure in the works. Surprised by the price of the DX2, but if that's the most wallet friendly route, that's what I'll do.
    I'm with you the DX2 is a little ridiculous for what it is.
    Where the amps are located you could easily use a standard amp and not a "marine" amp. The Rev 10's sound so good I would still stick to a quality amp, JL Audio, JBL/Infinity, Alpine, etc. Exile makes great products also, but they are pricy too.

I did find a way to make the Zone control work today. I am running my 4 channel on RCA outputs from radio, the Sub RCA to my Sub amp ( your 5 channel will have separate inputs), Then I wired the Green and Purple (Zone 2) speaker outputs from the Radio to a line converter and ran RCAs to my tower amp. Sounds pretty good for a line converter and I like being able to turn the towers down or off while sitting. I'll see how it works on the water in a couple months.

Good luck and good progress.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow