Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter...

Default Wimps????

Quote Originally Posted by polar21 View Post
    You bunch of wimps....Its 70 here in the panhandle of Florida! I thought about playing hookie this afternoon and taking the boat out, but it didnt happen. PV Mexico is one of the best fishing destinations in the world. A PV fishing trip is on my bucket list!
    Shoot.... low 70's is the warmest water ever gets in Utah. Lake Powell is a different story. Most of Northern Utah is 70 or less until June every year (This year, we never saw anything higher than 71 at either Jordanelle, Strawberry or Flaming Gorge). I never wear a wetsuit or think twice about jumping in the water unless it's sub 65. You guys in Florida are wearing full length wetsuits at 70??? My five year old jumps in at 60.
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

This thread is making me depressed. It is SO long until spring.
    Best Regards,

Jason

2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Sandrock/Black
    EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer
    Amps--Xi 1500.1, Xi 800.4 and 2--S400.4

Default Pueblo Rez

Jim, Todd, Michael the REZ water temp is still @ 50 degrees at North Shore, probably a little colder out in the middle and warmer in skiers cove. No Ice. The ramps are open from 5 am to 6 pm tho this week the snail checkers have been closing at 3. Sat temps are supposed to be in the high 40's low 50's. If anyone needs a dry suit stop on by and I'll loan you one from the rental program. Got gloves, Squid lids and booties too. Bill

Bill, Whats up buddy! Hope you had a great summer.. I have already winterized. Just got too cold for me to risk it. I will stop by and see you next time I'm down there.
    Mike
    SUNSHINE DAYDREAMS!!
    2008 LSV
    Wetsounds 3-some on tower. Wetsounds in boat. Wetsounds XS12 Sub. Green LEDs interior.

hey bill, thanks for the update!

will have to see if i can get enough time out of christmas shopping on saturday to come down. i think that carter iced, the other state parks closed for thee winter. I have not seen 50 water since september! that would be nice!

Cool

There is skiing in Peurta Vallarta from some of the shore venders,skiing behind OOOOLLLDDD ski boats just like they use for some of the parasails. Usually pulling wakeboarders or skiers on 2 skis. Don't know if thweres any hardcore skiing.
    We sit under6-8 inches of snow and our temps this week have ranged from -30 to -7 celcius with wind chill on top of those temps. -7 not so bad but -30 with wind chill probably at -40 thats COLD.

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Default Winter...

Bill , thanks for the offer I will keep you in mind . Hopefully I will see you at the Denver boat show. Mike , thanks for the info on puerto vallarta skiing, do you know about where they are located there? We are staying at the Marina area in a timeshare with some friends.
    Thanks, Jim.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Sled491 Guest

Wed we got 12 inches of the fluffy stuff and water was wide open. Thursday 0 degrees and had to break 1 to 2 inches of ice all way accross lake to jobsite. Sunk my little boat and spent all afternoon retrieving it. Friday ice walkable, barge frozen in lake. Spent day cutting it out and getting onto trialer and to compound.

Man I'm with you, I miss summer

Not exactly sure where the skiboat started from but i suspect they may have originated from near there. We were at one of the Riu's in Nuevu Vallarta a couple miles down from there but the boat that i saw looked like it started out from down that way.Good luck.