Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter...

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Default Winter...

Well as I sit her in my jammies with my coffee it is -12 deg. outside her in sunny Colorado. I am not taking to hibernation very well. My wife and youngest son are both sick as well as my fellow co-workers. Just trying to stay well is a challenge for me right now . Christmas is coming and I am not even close to being done shopping. It is days like this that make me long for the lake and fun in the sun. Next year brings us winter vacation in Mexico( Puerto Vallarta) , all class reunion in Montana ( taking the Moomba of course) , and my oldest son's wedding. Hopefully a fall trip to Arizona again . By the way does anyone know if there is water skiing vendors available in Puerto Vallarta? I have looked online and haven't found any yet.

Jim .
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

I hear ya.. Im east of colorado springs and it was -15 this morning.. BRRR.. Bring back the sunshine!
    SUNSHINE DAYDREAMS!!
    2008 LSV
    Wetsounds 3-some on tower. Wetsounds in boat. Wetsounds XS12 Sub. Green LEDs interior.

6 inches of snow and a high of 11 this morning in Minneapolis, temps are falling and the wind is picking up so we'll see what tomorrow is like. Everyones pretty content staying in today excpet for the dog, he's already got cabin fever!

hey jim,
    this cold spell really stinks! less than 2 weeks ago we rode CC at 44 deg water, now it is iced over. im still procrastinating complete winterization and putting it up til spring, maybe get another ride or two?

we are going to try and get on carter saturday afternoon, if it did not freeze over. break out the drysuit and come for a ride?

madriding, how is pueblo, will they still let people on in the winter? may try going there, it is probably warmer than carter.

They let people on all winter. Alot of duck hunters head there in the winter. It is warmer than the lakes up in Denver but the past few days of negative degrees have sure cooled it down quite a bit. I may still try and get a few more runs in.
    SUNSHINE DAYDREAMS!!
    2008 LSV
    Wetsounds 3-some on tower. Wetsounds in boat. Wetsounds XS12 Sub. Green LEDs interior.

i never thought of duck hunting from my moomba! hmm, let me think about that one. would probably be the most comfortable duck hunt i have been on!

hey, did you ride with a kid named Zane, who is a student at UNC? if you do go out, and need another idiot, let me know.

pueblo is fun in the winter, you go over to the cove, climb out on the ice and take off.

Man! I was crying like a baby this morning when I got out and it was 2 degrees! I guess the grass is NOT greener on the other side huh? Can't wait for SPRING!!!!
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

Zane has come down a few times to ride with us.. He usually stays the night and has some beers with us. Cool kid for sure. We will hook up to do some skiing this winter too. You are more than welcome to ride with us anytime. We have a cool crew and are always looking for more people to ride.
    Hit me up and I will shoot you my number. One of my buddies puts cammo over his tower to hunt. Funny stuff for sure to see him out there along side of the John boats.
    SUNSHINE DAYDREAMS!!
    2008 LSV

You bunch of wimps....Its 70 here in the panhandle of Florida! I thought about playing hookie this afternoon and taking the boat out, but it didnt happen. PV Mexico is one of the best fishing destinations in the world. A PV fishing trip is on my bucket list!

Yup. About 70 today in Tallahassee but rained all day with storms and alleged tornadoes. Back to low 50's tomorrow with more rain coming for the weekend.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!