Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

diver, can you post a photo a photo of your 4 pumps. Just curious how you fit yours in there. I had the same and now Im in the process of ripping my whole system back out.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I ll take a picture tomorrow and get it posted. I did have to move the depth puck and in hind sight I wish I had positioned the pumps vertical so that I could replace them easily. I thought keeping them close to the floor would be best but once I put it in the water I could see the water line in the clear hoses and it was much higher than I realized so positioning them vertical would not have made much of a difference.

On another note I put in a few sets today and over the weekend and think that I will need the vented loops. Otherwise the fill levels are constantly changing unless you keep all the pumps on all the time.
    2007 Moomba Mobius LSV 3000lbs Ballast. 2009 Ronix One board 138 and Ronix 2010 One Bindings

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    diver,

So did you leave the stock, 3/4" scupper/intake in place or did you replace it with 1" as well? Can you post the link to the electronic ball valves?

Thanks,

Al
    I changed the 3/4 scupper with a 1". I have not looked for the electronic ball valve however I know they are out there. Seems like jason at wakemakers mentioned that they were around 60 each but not sure.
    2007 Moomba Mobius LSV 3000lbs Ballast. 2009 Ronix One board 138 and Ronix 2010 One Bindings

nice number Diver, 3 k of ballast, pretty soon we will all have ballast envy . any one topping that?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Hey Doc,
    Any one that upgrades the back 400s to 750s can do it pretty easily. Just lay one of those 400s that you took out in the center walk and you are their. Oh, you will need the bow sack as well. I also have a couple of 3" x 24" PVC pipes full of old tire weights. Probably another 75lbs. That combined with the two batteries helps make up for the weight of the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    diver,

So did you leave the stock, 3/4" scupper/intake in place or did you replace it with 1" as well? Can you post the link to the electronic ball valves?

Thanks,

Al
    After today I started thinking about the electronic valve and I don't think its a good idea. Even if you cut the flow of water coming in and out of the boat water can free flow between the bags fairly easily without the vented loops. I think the vented loops are pretty much a must. What I have seen is the water from the front being drawn to the rear. Water will seek out the lowest point. Since the bow rides higher the front bags will drain out to the rear bags through the fill tubes if they are completely full. The vented loop created an air pocket and breaks the siphon effect. I picked up a few today from a local store. This only becomes a problem if you want to use the system in a state other than completely full. For instance one rear bag with less to make up for the driver or to surf etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pmoomba View Post
    Diver, I'd love to see some of the manifold pics or any others.

Thanks
    Here are some pictures. You can tell from the rust on the V Drive that I board in salt water. Unfortunately not much you can do to keep the rust away.

The first picture was taken from the back looking forward. The second one was taken from the starboard side looking towards the port side and I was standing in the front side of the access hatch. The picture that has my toes in it was taken from the front of the boat looking back. The next picture is from the front port side looking towards the starboard side and I included this picture to illustrate the angle that I had to use to transition from the intake which runs front to back to the manifold which runs port to starboard. There is an elbow but right after that I had to use a 45* piece and it is angled slightly to make the turn correctly and get it all to fit. You will have to play with this angle a bit to get it to work.

The last image is just to show that I used the factory wiring instead of splicing.

As I said in an earlier post I should have moved the entire manifold forward by about 2 inches and angled the pumps up instead of forward so that I could replace them easily if I ever need to. Guess I will do that if I ever have to change one.

I hope all my discriptions of direction didnt confuse anyone. I only included it because I was a little confused as to how this was fitting in on some of the pictures that I saw prior to doing my own install.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for sharing the pics, I'm glad to hear that upgrading the intake fixed your issue. Like we discussed on the phone, if it fixes the issue and improves the speed of the system that is a win-win.