View Poll Results: What is the lowest water temp you'll still get in at?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • 80 degrees F (better live in the South!)

1 2.38%
  • 70 degrees F (better be moving South!)

4 9.52%
  • 60 degrees F (Ah, refreshing!)

12 28.57%
  • 50 degrees F (braver than most)

16 38.10%
  • 40 degrees F (Polar Bear Club)

5 11.90%
  • 33 degrees F (yikes- double wrap the family jewels!)

4 9.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How about some December fun?

How about a poll for those of us who love to get in the water? What is the lowest temperature at which you are willing to brave it? Enjoy!!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

If i had a warm place to keep my boat i would go out when it is snowing out. Anyone want to give me some pulls? I have been out with water temp at 45* and air temp 40*.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

After 20yrs in Sunny Hot Florida, if the water is under 80 , but at least there are wetsuits.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I have never been wakeboarding in water about 76*. I would never think of putting on a wetsuit when that water is that hot.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

If the water is soft, take it. We have been in water/ice where we got out on the ice to take off. we like to add the air and water temp, the coldest air was 20 during our thanksgiving 07 ride. there were icicles on the wake boards as they dripped in the rack, the back deck also had a layer of ice getting in and out. i don't remember the water temp, it was low 40's i think.

i really like the dry suit and the heater. going to snow ski tomorrow, but we are planning to get on the water 12/11, if the ramp has not iced over.

if anyone is in town, they can come along.

generally, we trunk it when the water is in the 60's, depending on the sun/air temps

Well Florida might be nice, but i have been out for morning runs these last few days, the air was 6-10 deg F, had a nice layer of frost at the end. very refreshing!

prefer 60deg water at a minimum and 70 air. any colder and it's suit...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Coldest i know ive been in was 53 degrees and that was pretty cold. I dont have a wet suit or dry suit just trunked it.

Jester and Yearround id assume you guys are in drysuits for the 40 degree stuff LOL. Still hats off to you both man.

I was in water this summer over 80 and i didnt like it eighter. To dam hot for me. I like to jump in and cool off. Not jump in and just get wet.

Give me 65 degree water all day and im a happy boater.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

50 degree water is the low limit for me, made possible by my Moomba heater, one of the best options available for us northerners.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Water is usually 58 degrees in march. That when I usually start here in Alabama. Weather starts breaking.

If it ain't at least 70 i have no need to get in it
    2007 Mobius LSV