Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by polar21 View Post
    I dont know how you guys do it in the north. Its supposed to be in the teens here in the panhandle of Florida and I think cabin fever has set in throughout the entire region.
    For Canucks, that's cold enough to convince us to put on a sweater before heading outside!

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    For Canucks, that's cold enough to convince us to put on a sweater before heading outside!
    That's funny

If you spend a little money and get an Extreme heater http://www.xtremeheaters.com/and take all the uncertainty that something bad is going to happen. With these heaters you don’t have to worry about ventilation, overheating, or fumes. Just stick it in the engine compartment close the lid and that’s it.

We have a Habitat build day coming up on Sat. It's supposed to be about 20 overnight and around 30 in the morning with a high of about 41. I have people begging off and I know it's because of the "extreme cold". Now I have to admit I did go and dig out my only pr. of longjohns and may even wear a coat.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    We have a Habitat build day coming up on Sat. It's supposed to be about 20 overnight and around 30 in the morning with a high of about 41. I have people begging off and I know it's because of the "extreme cold". Now I have to admit I did go and dig out my only pr. of longjohns and may even wear a coat.
    that sound like ideal work weather to me. that would be jeans and a t-shirt, maybe a long sleeve to start out, but shed once you get going.

good luck with the Habitat thing. they usually do good for worthy situations.

i did a manifold similar to deerfield to run antifreeze through my system, really simple, total cost was $35, which included 3 gal of antifreeze, only needed 2, but kind of lost one.

Quote Originally Posted by yearround View Post
    good luck with the Habitat thing. they usually do good for worthy situations.
    Thanks! I have been the chair at my church for several years. Grew up working with Habtat and I also helped found a local Fuller Center for Housing here. I hate the idea of kids not having a clean decent place to live.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I hate the idea of kids not having a clean place to live.
    Hey, you could be talking about my girl's rooms!

Just kiddin'. Great job on the Habitat builds. I've always enjoyed the ones I have participated in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    Your killing me 17? we just came back from -34 f, of course the frost bite burns on my face should finish peeling soon and I can start to look somewhat normal again
    Ok Sled, It has gotten worse. Last night it got down to 12 degrees. 12 DEGREES!! This is horrible. Someone needs to declare Georgia a natural disaster area. We need supplies.

This is getting bad. I will let all of you know if I make it through tonight.

[QUOTE=Sled491;82771]Were at the lake house for the weekend. Last night was 0. Had to bring my family over and my sister in law with the Quad over the ice. Never heard so much complaining Had the furnce turned up to 72 and a big fire roaring in the fireplace. Spent the day outside, sledding down the hill behind the house, skating on the rink I made on the lake, Ice fishing tonight. Just a great day at the lake.

Sounds like a great time sled. I wonder how cold it would have to get for our lakes to freeze. hmmm....
    Last edited by Ed G; 01-10-2010 at 05:09 PM.

I'm thinking about moving to Miami. It's actually supposed to be over 60 in a couple of days here though so maybe the warmer days are coming back.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!