Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

david, don't worry about it.. I knew you'd see this post had to bust your chops a little...

I am real impressed with the quality of the speakers so far. they look to be built real solid and a quality piece of gear. I am dying to get them installed this weekend..
    my cousin speaks real highly of his liquid audio cans(great sounding btw), but I'm going to blow him away with this setup
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Hi guys, Phil here from Kicker.

Razzman asked me to come join you guys.... So here I am...

Glad to be a part of all of this

Howdy!

Phil
    Kicker

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    it will be interesting to see them, but to call all this brand new technology is a stretch(salesman talking ). neodymium has been around for years in car audio, and compression drivers are not new(remember waveguides in the mid 80's) and not new to kicker either. my first system back in 1985 consisted of 2 kicker truck boxes that were loaded with an 8" sub, 10" passive radiator and a compression horn on the top. awesome boxes that rocked with almost no power..

kinda figured that it would end up looking like a 6-can system. again, price will be the big factor. if the put any of the same development that they have into the L5/7 subs and their amp lineup, they will have a good setup on their hands...
    Hey sandm-

Razz and I were visiting elsewhere about the xxx and he posted my reply here with my blessing. Funny thing, the answer I gave sounds kinda funny when left to stand on its own... You are totally right about this not being new technolgy in the industry...

When I wrote "TOTALLY NEW..." I was referring to the fact that the xxxx share nothing that was developed as part of the xxx system. That part of Razz's and my conversation was missing.

Phil
    Kicker
    Last edited by Ed G; 12-04-2009 at 09:22 PM.

There he is! Glad to see you here Phil.
    2007 Mobius LSV

glad to see you here phil.
    I am sure you will offer up some great advice to the members, hopefully unbiased if they choose another brand.

really wish these would have been out sooner. there really isn't much to compare for guys like me that want to keep the factory roswell setup. this would have been a good choice to compare against the hollow points..

welcome
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Welcome Phil. Its a mighty tough crowd when they've got you in a defensive posture in just your second post... Just kidding.

Lookin' forward to those new bass-reflex tower pods too.

Speaking to the members, I've been reading Phil's posts on several forums for several seasons. He brings a ton of experience and knowledge. I've never read a derogatory word about a competing product. Always takes the high road. Never slings bull. A real quality addition. It deserves to be said.

So what if I'm bucking for a deeper discount.

David
    Earmark Marine

Hah!

Thanks for the kind words David... David!

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Welcome Phil. Its a mighty tough crowd when they've got you in a defensive posture in just your second post... Just kidding.

Lookin' forward to those new bass-reflex tower pods too.

Speaking to the members, I've been reading Phil's posts on several forums for several seasons. He brings a ton of experience and knowledge. I've never read a derogatory word about a competing product. Always takes the high road. Never slings bull. A real quality addition. It deserves to be said.

So what if I'm bucking for a deeper discount.

David
    Earmark Marine

any news on these speakers??

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Not that i've heard, next month or so i think. Phil, got any info yet?
    2007 Mobius LSV

A tiny quantity have shipped, but not many. I am anticipating seeing these in the market in quantity come May. I know that is later in the season than we all wanted to see them, but hey, better eventually than never!

Stay tuned...

Phil
    Kicker