Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Mount a pair of Klipsch Horns to the towers "bigger is better" I would prefer the stealth mode like BOSE, music everyehere and nothing to see.

I like the idea of kicker getting in the market of the HLCD, but with four to six cans, will it really outshine the comp., prices may come down for our sake.

Why have the seperates across the towers when the comp does it with one driver what i am i missing

PS crutchfeild has kicker 6.5" speakers for 49.00 today
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I've asked Phil to join our little group and lend his expertise as well and he'll be able to answer all our questions on Kicker products and installs.
    2007 Mobius LSV

cool..
    seems that they are very highly regarded in the boat upgrade world...
    see a lot of installs, even here local that use kicker amps as a upgrade, and tons of boats using the L series subs.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Cost?

Any idea what the cost may be on these?

Sandm where did you get your Hollow Points?
    Last edited by newty; 12-02-2009 at 10:47 AM.

PWI as usual...

None at all Newty, Phil says they won't have a cost until around spring.
    2007 Mobius LSV

newty, ordered them from earmark. I'm using the factory roswell 4can setup, so I ordered just the drivers and crossovers. think it was somewhere in the $750 range for the 2 sets, but it's been a few months. price has gone back up, but maybe david would hook you up.
    haven't installed them yet, but the quality is real nice. I'm initially very impressed, with only one gripe: no screws to install them. had to spend $4 at home depot for stainless mounting screws. for $700, they should come with them..

should be done and have the whole system bumpin on saturday(fingers crossed)...

I'm really torn here.
    I love the look but hate the sound of my fusions.
    Brian at Exile has has been really helpful and I love the sound, but I'm not really sold on the look.
    I have 6 DIY cans that are for 6.5" but with some mods will hold up to 7.7" speakers. I'm just not that excited about the look of the cans. So the Hollow Points would work well, and I like the look, but haven't heard them. They would also hold the new Kicker set-up Razzman is referring to.
    I have a new set of Kicker KMT6's, I like the sound, but hate the look of them on my tower.
    I'm also interested in the Bullet Lines set-up.
    I've also contemplated doing a DIY HLCD set-up in my fusion cans, but I'm not sure where to start.

AAAARRRG!
    Last edited by newty; 12-02-2009 at 12:41 PM.

PWI as usual...

Add to all that, I'm cheep!

PWI as usual...

sandm,

You're right, we should have sent the screws too. Our fault. We didn't open and inspect the factory carton. I'm sure we'll be able to make it up to you before you're finished. If you need anything, just ask.

newty,

Contact us at [email protected] for details. We offer Bullet HollowPoints, WetSounds, Exile plus we may very well support the new Kickers and with many mounting options. The Kickers really look impressive. I just want to hear them for myself before jumping on board.

Razzman,

I also hope Phil with Kicker joins in as he is a real quality contributor on many other forums.

David
    Earmark Marine

lots of choices out there and sounds like you are looking at several options. really, I think with hlcd's, it won't matter what you pick, they will all be a great improvement over standard car speakers and you'll be happy in the end.

I think one of the biggest problems with spending cash on hlcd's are that you really can't demo them since they are not as readily available as something like polk db series, but are relying more on word of mouth. I only have the ability to hear wetsounds locally, but took a chance on bullet hollowpoints based on the word of mouth and price. I don't expect to be disappointed at all.

it really sounds like you are not happy with the current setup at all, and best option would be to start from scratch with new cans and speakers. I think you'll second-guess your decisions using anything you have currently that you're not in love with. I'd do the hollowpoint 7.7's in their cans if my tower was empty at this point, but that's my .02....

i'm with ya on the kicker ktm6. personally, I think they look horrid, but that's my opinion. really don't like the look of the exile's either, but have heard they sound fantastic. I think the factory roswell 4-can setup looks good and the reason why I kept it, but then others don't, and they don't have to look at it