Hybrid View

Default Amp Upgrade and Blue Sea Add-A-Battery Install

So I started my amp upgrade project this week. I am replacing an old school Sony 4 channel amp currently running 8 speakers and a Boss 2 channel amp running the sub with a JL Audio 6 channel and a Kicker 5 channel. I took out the battery and the subwoofer amp, built an amp board, then mounted the amps to it. Pics below.

This was my first time making an amp board/working with carpet so I am pretty happy with how this turned out. I used 1/2" King Starboard that I had left over from my walk thru transom project. I got the exact carpet that's in my boat from the local Skier's Choice dealer. I used some industrial strength double stick tape because my electric stapler could not make a dent in the King Starboard.

Amps installed - JL Audio M6600 6 channel amp on top which will power the 6 cabin speakers, Kicker ZX700.5 5 channel amp on the bottom which will power the four tower speakers and the sub. After I took this pic, I flipped both amps 180 degrees so that they are both upside down. This is to make the adjustment knobs and buttons accessible.
    Last edited by cab13367; 11-26-2009 at 04:17 AM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Here are pics of the amp board in place. I have not secured it yet. I will put a couple of screws into the rubrail backing strip on top and probably use a couple of L brackets on the bottom. Or I may screw into the reinforced "ledge" on the bottom.

You can see in these pics why I had to mount them upside down. I would not be able to get to the adjustment knobs and buttons otherwise. I chose this location as it is unused space so it will not eat into my usable storage space. Will post more pics as I get further along.

Last edited by cab13367; 11-26-2009 at 04:15 AM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Very nice AL, very clean man. Now im going to have to visit you again to get a better look at your work lol. I will wait till its all done though. LOL.

Looks real nice man.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Looks good Al! Nice and clean setup, can't wait to see the finished product.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Thx guys. I am also adding a 2nd batt, a batt switch and ACR, replacing all the speaker wires, and trying a different set of tower speakers (thanks mmandley!). Plus do something with the footbox. So much to do, I don't know what to do next. Good thing I have lots of time, and I enjoy doing this knd of stuff. Very therapeutic
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

great looking amps, wish i could hear the system when its done. have to do a youtube test video.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold