Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

I'm not sure exactly how the deck sub output works I have mine turned off on my deck and I just use the amp controls
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Al, need to get that youtube video..

I knew you would not be disappointed with the JL amp. it sounds great with the polk interiors. Try the bridged mode on the jl channel 5 & 6 and see if that gives your sub enough pop.
    Last edited by jmvotto; 01-04-2010 at 09:43 AM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Al, need to get that youtube video..

I knew you would not be disappointed with the JL amp. it sounds great with the polk interiors. Try the bridged mode on the jl channel 5 & 6 and see if that gives your sub enough pop.
    Joe,

Bridging two JL channels will yield 200w and the kicker is delivering 210w so nothing to gain there. Besides, I am using all 6 channels on the 6 interior speakers.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Hopefully someone will still see this. I am about to do the Add-a-battery in 2 weeks. Where do you run all of the grounds to? Do you have a picture by chance?

Also, just to clarify, one side of the switch only gets the starter wire and the other side gets everything else that requires power, is that correct? Thanks.
    We only fear what we don't understand...

00 Mobius V, PP, 2200lbs ballast, 3 amps, 12" sub, Alpine CD/MP3

Not necessarily

you can just run the leads to your batteries, any vsr,acr,combiner is for the batteries not your engine or accessories...its to maintain and regulate battery charging
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 03-04-2010 at 08:49 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I guess I never posted any pics of the completed project so here they are. Everything is working great.

Still lots of usable storage space, even on top of the batteries. That's where we put our lunch cooler.

The white JL M6600 is a 6 channel amp and drives the 6 cabin speakers. The black Kicker ZX700.5 is a 5 channel amp and drives the four tower speakers and the sub. All the full range speakers are being driven at 4 ohms for the best possible sound as well as being easy on the amps and battery. The sub is being driven at 2 ohms to get the most out of the 700.5's 5th channel.

I used Absolute resettable circuit breakers instead of fuses for ease of operation.

This is the back of the switch.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I just noticed that the new ones have a built in digital volt meter. I might have to get two of those and swap out the ones to the batteries. Only $20 each.

Link: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...e+DICB100.html

Al

2006 Mobius LSV