Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuming

Default Mothballs

They do work for mice at least. My folks have a 66 Chevelle SS396 and they were starting to get some mice in the motor compartment and trunk. Dad put a bunch of moth balls in tuperware bowls in the trunk under the hood and in the interior. the mice never came back. Sucks it happen to you. Hope you can get it fixed soon.

Back when the sonic deterrents had only been on the market for a couple of years, I saw a review of them. The result was that they worked for a week or two, but then the rodents came back.

Similarly for moth balls and other fast-evaporating substances, they only work for a matter of weeks at most.

I had good luck with deterring squirrels from my SUV (they used it for pinecone storage) with a cayenne-based powder from the hardware store. It only lasts for a couple of weeks in the open (simply by being blown or washed away), but should last for months in a sheltered area like a storage building.

I was bored out of my mind one night in a hotel room and while channel surfing, landed on a show called, "Verminators" or something like that. They said these were the best rat traps.

http://http://www.domyownpestcontrol...trap-p-95.html
    BTW - my neighbor owns this company.

Sled, all of my silencers have come from my friend's company, Advanced Armament. The great thing about silenced weapons is that people don't know when you shoot it.

Regardless, this is from the Georgia Department of Natural Resources website regarding squirrels: "Trapping or shooting squirrels are effective nuisance management strategies. Contact a Wildlife Resources Division Game Management office to see if a permit is required." I checked with the local office and since the squirrels have damaged/destroyed my property, they are defined as a "nuisance" and no permit is required. Same goes for armadillos and opossum.

Here's your sign
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 11-26-2009 at 11:43 PM.

Nice shot. Those fuzzy tailed rats can do some serious damage.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

moth balls and rat poison ( decon, etc)
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default WARNING: This Post Contains GRAPHIC PHOTOS ...

not for the skweemish...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    one skinning hungry cat should do the trick
    But the cat may do more damage to the interior...had that happen to my bass boat years ago (may the cat RIP)

I believe you Ed! I had a mortician living in my basement during college... He gave me the behind the scenes tour at the funeral home... Hats off to people that serve in that neccessary business... We used to joke that whenever his pager went off it meant another angel got it's wings!

In the spirit of thanksgiving, I should be thankful that this is the most sqweemish thing I have to deal with in my life... Other than this, everything is a1 ok!

Quote Originally Posted by adsman View Post
    In the spirit of thanksgiving, I should be thankful that this is the most sqweemish thing I have to deal with in my life... Other than this, everything is a1 ok!
    amen to that- but still that's a beautiful boat you have there and what happened is a shame
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Take the seats out and take them to an upholsterer as they can do a perfect match and upgrade to a better vinyl than SC uses. Indoors, you should have your drain plug in and the exhaust vents taped shut. I would put poison boxes in your boat and deal with cleaning the varmints out than to deal with repairs. I would attempt to get restitution for the repairs and other possible issues when you dewinterize. Good lesson for us all and that is entry points need to be closed off when in storage. I leave mine outdoors so I put a board over the drain hole at the bottom of the bilge with a weight on top so in the unlikely event the cover leaks the water can drain but no varments can get inside. I wish you the best and you have some time to check things out.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD