Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The original post pertains to speaker wiring so I'll keep it on that topic. Its very difficult to introduce radiated noise into a speaker wire like you would have with live-level RCAs. The exception would be the inductors in passive crossovers so their location in respect to engine management electronics and such would be important. In countless boat installations I can't recall a single instance in which we had to relocate speaker wiring due to noise. There simply isn't enough inherent gain in the noise source for speakers to pick it up. In contrast, you're seriously amplifying whatever minute level a line-level RCA picks up.

David
    Earmark Marine

Thanks David. Really appreciate you taking the time to share your expertise with us.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thanx David. I have spoken many great things about you here. Glad to see that you join. Your expertise is much appreciated.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Al, My sub wires run through the ski locker no problems . My Rca's are there also for my pac lc1 controller for my towers and they get a light buzzing signal. I will insulate with flex loom, replace the existing to better rca's or rerout them around the bow.

My two cents
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold