Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LSV vs. XLV

Default LSV vs. XLV

Just wanted to pose this question. What's the factor(s) that made you get an LSV over the XLV? Was it cost, garage space, or other factors? I've only owned my XLV for about 2 months now and so far I'm loving it. This is also my very first wakeboat of any kind so I just wanted the biggest boat that Moomba offered for the extra room plus the price was not much more than an LSV.

VERY WELL PUT, ED....(i have to support my OBV brothers)...
    '09 OBV

For me it was easy, just like Goldilocks. The OBV was too small and the XLV was too big, but the LSV is jussst right! Add a hull design that does it all well and a price tag well under 50K loaded and i couldn't go wrong.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    For me it was easy, just like Goldilocks. The OBV was too small and the XLV was too big, but the LSV is jussst right! Add a hull design that does it all well and a price tag well under 50K loaded and i couldn't go wrong.
    Same here. I don't like the shape of the OBV or the bow. Just the way the sides of the boat are shorter and the way the seats feel when you sit in them because my legs are to high.

I really liked the XLV but the length wont allow it in my garage. Plus the price for them was 50K bare.

The LSV had all the things i needed and wanted, fit in my garage and i got 13K on of the sticker with my Z5 rack included.

If we get a bigger house with a bigger garage, then maybe ill upgrade to the XLV.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I think Ed is a wee bit partial to the OBV ......... But then i am a wee bit partial to my boat .....and razz is to his......and so on and so on ......its good to see how happy everyone is with their decision.......and no one has boat envy...... .there are a lot of different considerations to make when determining which boat is right for you. the best way is to ride behind the boat and see which one you like better. just because its bigger does not necessarily make it better and just because its newer does not make it better. sometimes its the fight in the dog not the size of the dog. For me i just wanted the biggest meanest fastest whoopaxx boat i could fit in my boat port eith a draft of 25 inches or less and the highest bow i could get so my wife doesn't sub the boat ........i think they are all good boats and once you have it you'll either love it or hate it.......so get what ya want.....or it'll cost ya more to finally get what ya really want........as long as you are more happy now than with your previous boat your one step closer ........cause its all about being happy
    Oh ya ...and it had to be black or my wife and kids wouldn't let me get it....
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 11-15-2009 at 07:22 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

"Whether you want to believe it or not, the 2009/2010 Outback V will out surf the LSV or XLV right out of the box"

I'm curious how you came to this conclusion? With the stock 440 lbs the XLV surfs great. Also it is pretty common to add more weight no matter what the boat when it comes to surfing. I know Ed will say "you don't need the weight to surf" which is true but do you NEED 500 HP in a car? The answer is no, but it sure is a lot more fun.

I also have an XLV, and I bought it for all of the same reasons as you da man and was in the exact same position as him between the boats. My main thoughts were "I am spending around $50,000 dollars for a boat to wakeboard and surf behind. For such a small price difference buying the XLV means buying the biggest boat with the most room and the best and biggest wakes. I also really like the playpen bow and seating of an XLV. I knew this would not leave me with "wake envy" as well. An XLV with 2650lbs is a beautiful thing.

I bought the 09 XLV because of it's size AND I got a sweet deal on it. Too bad the season is over.

**501, what type of ballast/weight setup do you have?

I'm waiting for zegm to tell us why the LS is the best boat. For the record, I like 'em all!!!!!!!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ed,

So the OBV 06 -08 , are we bench warmers now?

Jester, Maybe the cool HS girls won't even look our way anymore, just the all-stars
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

this thread is going to go nowhere fast..
    ed has ridden both boats and has his opinion. guaranteed that there are a lot of others out there that have done the same thing. some will agree with ed, some won't.
    had a guy this year that surfed my boat and claimed that it was a better surf wake than his buddies avy. centurions will outsurf any skiers product(imo), but he may have caught his buddies on a bad day and ours on a good day. again, his opinion, and probably 10 people that will agree with him, and 10 more that will say he's on crack...

think docdrs hit the nail on the head. we all like our boats for one reason or another and all have opinions that way..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten