Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    "JABSCO pumps = 9 GPM (5.3 minute fill for 400 lb bag)"

When I had my stock rear bags in (450 lbs) it was a 4 minute fill time.

3 minutes for the front 300 lb bag
    ED i think i read you upgraded your jabsco impellers to a green one from the yellow.......what was the $ difference, I have the same setup and am thinking of getting a couple of spares . best price i could find was ~27 for the yellow ones.....
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Ed
    How do you know when the bags are full? Is your system on a timer? Does the water drain out the side of the boat or does it drain from the same place were it draws water from? I thought that I was reading that the new Moomba's, with the Jabsco pumps, are on a timer. They pumps shut off after a certain period of time. Is that true? I know with the new dash that is coming out, there is a gauge on how much water is in the bags. Not sure how accurate that will be since there is not a float in the bag to measure the water. If it is on a timer, can the timer be adjusted oif you put in bigger bags?
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

ed-correct me if I'm wrong but it's a timer system. mastercraft has been doing the same thing in the x-2's and I remember a lot of debate on how to change the timing. need to set the timers based on bigger bags, which I would assume ed has since he's running the larger rear setup. bags drain out the same place they enter from, since there's only one pump per bag.
    I am real curious how the dash monitors bag filling as well. easy in hard tanks. maybe something that measures the amount of water past a point? I would think there's too many variables in filling based on timing a bag full?

our dealer doesn't have a new supra yet. been watching.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default timers

I have the g III jabsco and the timers are easily adjusted, you just have to hit the switch again for another 30 secs of run time, the only true way to know when the bag is full is when water starts coming out the vent hose, pretty easy, imo. i know everyone is hung up on getting there bags filled in under 3 mins, it usu takes a good 5- 10 mins to get the motor warmed up properly and time to get suited up ready to go.....never really had an issue with over twiddling of my thumbs waiting for the bags to fill.....i guess if it took 20 mins to fill then we'd be really have an issue
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

didn't realize they have a vent hose. good feature for figuring out if they are full. can't you set the timers for a little longer so you don't have to hit it again, then if you lose a little, oh well?

it takes the factory system I have currently around 15-18 minutes to fill the 750 in the rear locker. sucks.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    didn't realize they have a vent hose. good feature for figuring out if they are full. can't you set the timers for a little longer so you don't have to hit it again, then if you lose a little, oh well?

it takes the factory system I have currently around 15-18 minutes to fill the 750 in the rear locker. sucks.
    yes you can reprogram the run time on the switches and pressing the switch again gives you an additional minute of run time
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 11-16-2009 at 04:44 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

Ed , do you have a ride for me if i come down there next week? what happened to your status? your a junior member again?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

Thats awesome, never could get into running myself. I have next week off, and my wife was asking me what i thought about going down to florida for a few days.....so it would be like between the 22 and 27 if we go, its last minute thing so no worries, when she mentioned it i mapquested clermont and saw how close you are to Orlando. Hey whats the weather like down there suppose to be?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

Warm and sunny. Except for about 12 days a year.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Doc, when are you coming down and how long are you staying?

I'm running The Space Coast Marathon on Sunday Nov 29th.

I won't be doing any boating that weekend, but will be out again on Saturday December, 5.

I deleted more posts. I no longer wish to appear to be a post whore...although I am.

e
    I'd never think that of you Ed you've been a member for a long time and one would expect that of a 7 yr member. Now if you were posting 5 x a day on average then there may be some concern.......

jk d
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug