Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

hey brian, how about a hookup on a route 66? you know you have one laying around you dont' need

great advice and it amazes me some of the crap for sale out there. one of the main reasons I'm ditching the factory wiring and using new..
    I will never forget the display we used to have at circuit city when I worked there comparing monster cable to real cheap cables. anyone that tells you there is no difference can't hear or see. granted, don't need moc, as I think it's stupidly overpriced, but good cable does make/break a system..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Mike - Now i wasnt trying to bang on you. I just read that thread and thought oh boy, here we go... Someone is gonna buy junk. haha! It's all good though... I want putting the crosshairs just on you. I think a lot of people fall through the cracks when it comes to figuring out what makes sense in the cable land!

SandM - as for you my friend!!! hehe. I'm going to have to look up some specs on you. Have our paths crossed before? A R66 is a pretty rare bread. Just so happens I have S#001 up in the attic somewhere along side a few other rare breeds. That was the deal back in the day.... your project, your idea and you keep #1. I had a lot of fun projects back then.... Frank-AmpN-stein? Outlaw? Bandit? All great amps. Remember REACTOR? I remember building a suite in las vegas for the unveiling of that monster. A lot of good people put effort into those audio firsts! Agh the good old days

Cheers

-Brian
    Exile Audio

Hey Brian, Naa man i didn't really think you were pointing at me, i try not to take anything personal on the forum, even though some people make digs that hurt a little, but thats only because i really like it here. I try to assume everyone is being jokingly and playing. Hard to tell sometimes with its only words and no expressions.

I know what ya mean about the junk stuff as for amps and other gear. I remember when people where making the knock offs and selling them for big money and all it was is big junk. They would take Kenwood, and make Rockwood, and other knock offs that claimed 1K watts and when you read the finer print it would say 100RMS and 1K peak, with some huge amount of distortion ratio.

Its all good man, i wish i could take a summer and tow my boat to all the places the forums guys are so i could meet them all personally.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

brian-way ot, sorry.. been into car audio since I bought my first deck back in 1984. have had systems from almost every major automaker(lots from old hifonics series 7 stuff). only amp company that has managed to elude my hands have been orion. REALLY wanted a 4100hcca back in the day. maybe someday. I did a lot of research on the r66 and almost bought one back in '98 for my eclipse gst, but ended up a different route(haha)..
    I'm a big fan of 80's/90's amps and this boat system I'm building will be the first system in about 10 years that I'm using new stuff in. my truck had ppi art series amps for a while and am currenty running a soundstream rub550-5. had an 805, but decided it was too much power, and owned one 'lil wonder, but never could run across a second one in as good a shape for a pair..
    did spend a year in '97 working for circ. city in idaho/utah, but don't remember any soundstream sales classes, so I'm guessing our paths never crossed unless you were in the iasca circuit in the late 80's doing contests..

ok, back ot..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

If i can remember that far back my first diy deck install was around '74 or so, first gen Pioneer Supertuner cassette! Let's talk old skool! Didn't have amps, huge big bulky EQ's bolted under the dash with like 20 slides were the ticket to boost power! Jensen 6x9's on the rear deck, can you say distortion? We didn't care 'cause it was loud. Subs didn't exist so you just played with the EQ until the bass almost ripped the Jensens apart!

I had a pair of Orions in my last boat and i loved them, no issues what so ever with them. I didn't want to spend mega bucks on amps this time so I went Kickers. I have to say i was really surprised with them for the money.
    2007 Mobius LSV