Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another way too Drain Oil

During the winterzation i found another way to drin the oil other then the hand pump that pepople have been using. It also costs less for the setup. It only took about 1 min to drain all the oil out of the block.
    Parts are a hose fitting and coupler that attaches to the oil drain hose. I think it was a 3/8's and is showen in the first pic. The second is a washer water hose that i shoved threw the plug hole so everything was down hill. The second pic is of the fitting on the hose and the drill pump to the jug. The third was a drill pump. Showen in the last photo. Total cost was about $20.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Great idea! That sure sped up the process...

PWI as usual...

Jester,

Great idea! Where did you get the fitting that attaches to the oil drain hose and what's it called? I may have to try this next year.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

The fittings are just a 3/8's hose adaptor and a M to M coupler. I beleve everything is a 3/8's but will have to check. Home Depot should have it. I have it somewhere in my truck with all the rest of my tools.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

sounds like it sucks better and quicker than my $59 mighty vac hore.......but what can it hold? jk , but then can you have a beer while you watch it suck or do you still have to keep your finger on the trigger......
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

The problem with it is that is sucks out the oil so fast that you only have time to shotgun a beer before it is done.

yah, but while the other's are drinking 1 or 2 during the drain process you can just sit back and drink 3 or 4 cause the job is done

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Viking thats what I was thinking. Why rush into anything. Climb in the boat, drink 2 beers, then drain the oil and drink 2 more.

PWI as usual...

You do have a good point. Have to make time for the beer.

How much harder would it be if the oil was cold? I mean does it have to be warmed up?