Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you had the pump I'm sure it would't take more than a minute or two longer being cold.

PWI as usual...

I just might have to try that. I did not like spending the $350.00 for the oil change.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I was told you heat up the oil for two reasons. One is for it to come out. The other is so it sudspends any particals in the oil so they get sucked out when you suck out the oil.

Tazz, Changing the oil is easy. It is harder to change the oil in my car then the boat. The oil filter is easy to get too unlike my car.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Thanx Will I need to run the motor for a while to get the oil thinner?
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Running it would be easiest. Another way is to buy a Block heater. Same you see on trucks up north. This is a plug in unit and heats the oil pan up for you. It allows you to start your engine in very cold weather. Basically heats the oil up.

As for the particles in the oil, if you have particles that are that big they are sinking to the bottom of the pan you have a much bigger problem.

Oil is designed to capture impurities in the engine as in dirt. It doesn't allow them to sit in the bottom of the pan and collect like sludge.

Sludge is formed by extraem amounts of foreign material getting into the oil and from just oil abuse, like not changing it and the oil goes bad, Sludge is the stuff oil collects and removes when you change it. This is why sludge is from over heating oil and it breaking down.

Your oil filter should be collecting all this crap in the oil. That's why its there. If you realy want to extend the life of your oil change the filter more often. Black oil coming out of your engine is the result of the dirt it is picking up and the abuse from heating it when the engine is running. If you change your oil and its still a nice golden brown, eighter it isnt doing its job, or you are a very lucky person to have such a clean system.

Block heater.
    http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/c...FRcjawodWl8eoA
    Last edited by mmandley; 11-14-2009 at 10:47 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Where can you find the drill pump itself?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    Try an auto parts store, a fleet farm, or something like that. They are fairly cheap, I think I paid like $5 for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    any hardware store including the big box stores....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default First picture

Your first picture showing the couple, is there any way you can show a close up picture of that? I don't quite get what part that is.

Thanks,

Garn
    Garn
    2007 Mobius LS (Direct Drive)