Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red mold

Default Red mold

Just received our boat back from the dealer getting winterized. Well the boat was left outside for a few days in the rain. Well long story short we have red mold covering the seats. I have never seen RED mold. Well it has stained the seats and wont come out. I have tried bio clean and 303 cleaner. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'd be talking to the dealer!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Never herd of red mold and i find it hard to believe mold would form in only a few days. I would be talking to the Dealer as well because its possible something was spilt on your seats.

Only thing i know of red in a boat is Trans Fluid and Stabil and both dont get along with interiors.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Like everyone said, I would be giving that dealer a call. You could try Malco vinyl and plastic cleaner. Works GREAT!! Just be sure to wipe/rinse the seats with water after cleaning. Good Luck.

Try amonia to clean it. Mix 50/50 with water.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

barkeeper's friend sold at grocery stores, walmart, places like that. You can buy it in a powder and dilute in water or even better is the liquid gel.

protect with 303 or similar after as it strips everything.

Quote Originally Posted by sailing217 View Post
    barkeeper's friend sold at grocery stores, walmart, places like that. You can buy it in a powder and dilute in water or even better is the liquid gel.

protect with 303 or similar after as it strips everything.
    Sometimes drastic stains require drastic measures, but the vinyl manufacturer would in no way support using an acid/abrasive like barkeeper's friend.

Quote Originally Posted by gt9118 View Post
    Just received our boat back from the dealer getting winterized. Well the boat was left outside for a few days in the rain. Well long story short we have red mold covering the seats. I have never seen RED mold. Well it has stained the seats and wont come out. I have tried bio clean and 303 cleaner. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Another reason to self-winterize ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    I had reddish brown mold on my upholstery. Only took a week to grow and was caused by putting two seats together that were still wet.

I tried several different products to get it out with no luck.

When it came back from the dealer installing my speakers, the mold was gone.

He said he used "Spray 9" (I think it's called).

I immediately bought a gallon of the stuff.
    Yup, this is what I use as well to keep the vinyl clean, then follow it up with 303 to protect it. I keep a spray bottle of Spray 9 and a rag in the boat at all times.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Cab where do you get this Spray 9. Never herd of it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Red Mold

Did you ever find out what the reddish substance was on your boat cause Im dealing with the same issue. Progressive Insurance is saying its mold. but this has never happened before till I used red fuel stabil.

Quote Originally Posted by gt9118 View Post