Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default beginning the long road to new tunes..

well, started hacking up the boat today. missing one amp, deck and all the wiring yet, but it'll all be here in the next week or so..
    final system will be:
    kenwood kmr-700u head unit
    rockford punch 400.4 4ch amp running 6 skylon rubicon ib125 inboat speakers
    rockford punch 500.2 2ch amp running 4 bullet hollow point hlcd's in the tower
    rockford punch p500.1bd mono amp running a jl 12w6v3 sub

replacing all the wiring and rca's while at it, as the factory stuff is kind of patched together as you will see from the sub connections..

soon to be gone:

pic of the original sub location:

my first dilemma. skiers built a makeshift fiberglas sub box for the kenwood sub. problem is that the floor inside is below the main floor of the boat just cutting the front/back out won't work. you can also see the mess of cables that run through the middle of the "box". it's the main power cables for the dash, the heater hoses, the steering cable and some other misc wires. this "box" is also open to the front ski locker ballast compartment. not sure why, but interesting...
    going to have to dream on this one. would be nice if the heater was gone and the floor was level. tons of room under there and could probably fit a pair of 15's and not even be to the bow seatback yet.
    let the cutting begin wed. night

'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Keep us posted and pics as well. I'm doing the same thing to my boat this winter with total stereo system upgrade! I have the exact delima with what to do with driver's kick panel. I'm cutting er out too

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

got back to it this afternoon.
    cut out the old box and trimmed back all the fiberglass. next will be to move the wiring and steering cable that are in the way and start measuring/mocking up the sub box. good thing skiers left plenty of cable to move it around. not really sure why they didn't run it up one side or the other, but oh well...

here's the bad boy going in the box. jl 12w6v2 dual 4ohm vc. going to run it to the rockford amp in a 2ohm mono configuration.. sucker is heavy
    ordered a sheet of medex from my lumber supplier today. should start cutting thursday night...

Looking forward to seeing how you will fab up the box. Cool project!

Wow someone finally did it!!!
    Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
    May I suggest something to the guys that want to do the same thing? Instead of cutting the carpet away, peel it back as far as you can from the top of the foot rest. This will allow you to have a seamless peice of carpet when you put it all back together. Unless of course you don't plan on filling it all back in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PWI as usual...

Sorry here's some other pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by newty; 11-10-2009 at 03:39 PM.

PWI as usual...

agree, but mine already had the 12" cut into the carpet. I'm going to fab a cover piece over the sub box. there will be a seam at the base, but hopefully it'll disappear..
    if you don't have a sub installed, it's pretty easy to pull the carpet back and save it. mine pulled back in one piece even with the hole cut.

got the speaker box done finally. had to build it a little odd due to the wiring/plumbing that I could not relocate without tearing out the entire wiring harness to the engine and the heater plumbing. oh well. still works..
    going to pick up the plexi this morning for the false carpeted front and the bedliner-in-a-can to spray the box. making it somewhat water resistent and then going to raise it up 3/4" off the carpeted floor in the front for drainage..
    hoping to be installed on sunday then I'll begin installing the amps and wiring everything.

everything moved to the side and power/ground have been rerouted for the main circuit panel.

Looks good! How many cubic ft of air space did you need for that sub?

PWI as usual...

I like it.......are you going to screw it to the front of the large gaping hole from inside the box or how are you planning on attaching it? I guess I should just wait and see your later pics. I'm just not that patient

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet