Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

1.25 was optimal. did the math over and over and I think I'm close. got it a little oversize, but the bracing I added in the front took a little away.. I have owned jl stuff in the past and was very happy with it, but I really think this sub is going to be overkill in the boat. didn't realize it until I opened the box. oh well..
    they say if it's too loud, you're too old, and I don't feel old yet

viking, going to install the box by bolting it from the back and bottom, then install the front, then the sub, but after it's all rhinolined. I'll screw the front on, probably take around 25-30 screws, then cover them with a final coat of rhinolining. did the extra bracing on the front so I can run a bead of glue around the edges, then a thick bead of silicone around the inside bracing to seal the front real good.
    Last edited by sandm; 11-17-2009 at 10:46 PM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

got the box installed today. bummer as the local shop does not have a speaker grill for the w6, so waiting for them to order one. hoping to have it all buttoned up next saturday.
    waiting for knukonceptz order for the rest of the power wire and speaker wire to start amp/speaker installs. lots should happen next weekend.
    built the box up on plastic blocks to keep it out of water. it's def. as solid as the footwell box I cut out.
    yea, got a little overspray on the carpet, but the new carpeted front I'm making will cover it...

well, since I still don't have any wire, decided to see how close the hollow points are to fitting into the roswell cans. not even close.. had to shave around 1/8" off the lip of each can. the metal is VERY soft and likes to buckle wherever there's no weld. advice is to use a good metal cutting blade in a jigsaw, and replace the blade after 2 cans. worked well for me..

just need wire now

hollow points fit in nicely, with around 3.5 inches behind each speaker for the crossover and a little bit of batting. replacing all the speaker wire up the tower. skiers uses decent stuff to the roswell cans, but the wire in the cans looks like 20gauge and it's crap.

well, here the box all covered up and sub installed. it's not perfect, but I like the way it came out. can't wait to fire it up and hear it..
    probably not until next weekend, but it's getting close.. still have some wiring to tuck back up, but waiting to install a new deck at the same time....

here's the roswell cans back installed waiting for me to finish running new wire for the hollow points.. notice the stack of marine grade plywood in the corner against the window. pontoon rebuild arrives in 2 weeks

the mess of factory wire I cut out when removing the stock kenwood amps. there's more to come, but this is the start...

hollowpoints installed.

Looking good. I'm still rounding up all my parts and trying to figure out how install my sub? I've got lots of winter left to get it done. But looking at all these posts I'm chomping at the bit to tear into something.

Keep us posted!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

amps mounted and some of the wiring ran. not clean yet, but it will be..

fuseblock and groundblock locations. will clean up some of the wiring once I put batteries back in next spring..

knukonceptz has some awesome products and have been very happy with the quality of the wiring products so far. will def. use again, not to mention they are the only ones I could find that make a 1/0 input and 3 fused 4gauge output block. everyone else is either 8gauge output or has 2 or 4 fused leads....

sandm,

Looking good! Great job on the sub install especially the false front. Looks factory.

How much can depth is needed to accommodate the hollow points?

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

well, just pulled the plug on 3 sets of the db651's the skylon's don't fit in my supra. not enough room at the cutouts. hoping the db's are a dropin...

sucks..

Looks good man! Def give us some feedback on those hollowpoints and the rest of the system when you get it going!!

PWI as usual...