Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Exile Tek Session - Moomba Jam PNW

Ok guys - (where did the previous thread go lol..cant find)

I spoke to a few people on here about wanting to get together etc and I was going to try to firm up a get together date to meet at the Exile factory (lake Oswego Oregon). How does SUN NOV 8th @ 1pm sound?

2 hours Max of discussion, teaching, tech tips on how to tune your stereo, understanding ground loops, gain structure and the like. Exile will host and provide snacks and maybe even a beer or two if people find my frig in my office.

I was going to speak to the guys next door that do winterization and see if we could swing everyone a deal locally. I've heard they come highly recommended.

Let me know if you can make it so i can get an accurate tally. Also let me know if you want to bring your boat and we can use it for training purposes.

Cheers

-Brian

300 mile drive, but might give us something to do for the weekend.
    wouldn't mind meeting some other peeps..

waiting to see how many more are going to show up..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Damn,
    That's terrific! Wish I wasn't so far away - I'd be in for sure!
    Anybody that attends please share some knowledge and info.
    Thanx

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Brian heres the link for that other thread.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9513

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....8794#post78794

I can do Sunday the 8th.

I actually was planning on having the boat Winterized next week so id be interested in hearing from the peeps that do it your referring to.

Also i would be more then happy to bring my boat down. We can use it as a test and tune model. I can show up a hour or so early even that way we can get it preped for people to get in and look at what your wanting to do. I actually just ordered all new Polk DB651's for the cabin and they should be here Thursday and i can get those installed and would be prefect because they need to be re-tuned on the amps.

Id even be willing to remove my KMT6 and let you mount some Exiles up there and hook them up for a sound test

Let me know man. I can get in touch with you personally if you like. Just need a number or something.
    Last edited by Ed G; 11-02-2009 at 05:04 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Brian,

Thanks for the generous offer. I am in for sure. If Mike wants to bring his boat as the test subject, that's fine with me as I won't have my new amps installed yet.

Let us know once the tech session is confirmed.

Thanks again.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I might be able to make it up for this. Sounds like a good time.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Anyone else going to make it?? C'mon guys, let's make it worth Brian's time.

Thx,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I'd be there now in a heartbeat any other sunday, but we just posted a saturday schedule and maybe sunday this week, and it's my rotation to close the building, so I'm stuck at work until 10pm saturday. not enough time to make the drive.

any other weekend or later in the year and I'm all over it.

Good news is I spoke to Brian and he wants to postpon this another week or so. That way more peeps can make it. He is in Seattle right now and is going to post some more info. From what he said this will be a lot more then a learning exp on amp and speaker wiring. I don't want to lead onto everything he told me he wants to do but it sounded realy cool.

Maybe if we can all agree to Sunday the 15th more can go? I'd be will g to try and coordinate this also.

Post if the 15th is good and hopefully Brian chimes in this weekend on this project
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I can make that date. much better than this one..
    I hope that this is MUCH more than how to wire speakers and amps. I, personally, know that topic and in the boat world, you're not likely to be wiring 16 speakers series/parallel into a high current 2ch amp for a .5ohm load.

the topics listed in his first post are all things I'd like to further my knowledge on, not to mention hearing a set of hlcd's in person..

on a side note, possibly a skiers social hour on saturday night?