Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2009 Aerial Tower Speakers - No Wires and Great Price

I stumbled across these on EBay. The wires run through the clamp for a clean look. And at $332 shipped for two double pods (4 speakers total) loaded with Polk db651's, these have to be one of the best value in tower speakers out there.

My question to the group is, if I was to mount these on the rear crossbar of my 2006 LSV tower, how would I go about routing the speaker wires to the rear crossbar? I would have to snake the wires up the front tower leg, thru the front crossbar, make a hard 90 degree turn and go thru one of the oval connecting tubes to the rear cross bar, then make another 90 degree turn before exiting out a hole thru the clamp to the speaker. How in the heck would you do that?? Mounting them to the front crossbar is not an option for me as it would interfere with the bimini.

I currently have four of the old version of these speakers on my tower but they are single pods and they don't have the concealed wires. They are very good quality.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AERIAL-DOUBLE-BU...item4a9bcb6cf2

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al,

I saw these as well and seemed like a great deal. I now have 4 pods but i think i want them postioned slightly differently

question how did you wire the existing 4 pods? 4 sets of wires or two and jump them paralell?

your lsv tower is different from mine. so i have no idea how the wiring would work.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I think Al only has 1 set and there on his rear inner bar of this tower. Hes concerned with how these would wire more i think.

Al i think you have the right idea on the wireing. Problem is if i recall the swing post on our towers is solid on the ends so you would end up with several jump points over hinges.

Ive never seen a LSV tower like ours wired tot he rear bar.

My speakers are mounted to the Outer bar for room on my Z5 but you can see the wire jump from the Inner tube to the speaker. I just used the plastic wire covers to make it look factory.

I really like those cans and the way they look. It has me thinking..But i know i dont want Polk DB651s in the tower. They wont project to the distance i want. Id have to take them out and replace them.
    Last edited by mmandley; 10-30-2009 at 09:26 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

They'll be wired in parallel @ 2ohms on two channels, you'll just have to adjust the gain down a bit so you don't blow them.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Al,
    question how did you wire the existing 4 pods? 4 sets of wires or two and jump them paralell?
    I think you mean "two and jump them in series". I have not wired the second pair of speakers pods yet but I am going to run one pair of wires from the amp to the speaker for each speaker, so 4 pairs of wires. If you run one pair of wires for two speakers, your amp will see an 8 ohm load and each speaker will receive 1/2 of the amps rated power at 4 ohms.

I'm going to refer you back to the link that you referred me to previously (which is very helpful btw):

http://www.termpro.com/articles/spkrz.html

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I think Al only has 1 set and there on his rear inner bar of this tower. Hes concerned with how these would wire more i think.

Al i think you have the right idea on the wireing. Problem is if i recall the swing post on our towers is solid on the ends so you would end up with several jump points over hinges.

Ive never seen a LSV tower like ours wired tot he rear bar.

My speakers are mounted to the Outer bar for room on my Z5 but you can see the wire jump from the Inner tube to the speaker. I just used the plastic wire covers to make it look factory.

I really like those cans and the way they look. It has me thinking..But i know i dont want Polk DB651s in the tower. They wont project to the distance i want. Id have to take them out and replace them.
    Mike,

I only have one pair of my tower speakers wired currently. I installed the second pair on the tower but have not wired them yet. So that's why you only saw one set of wires going to each pair of speakers.

In looking at the tower again, I am pretty sure that there is no way to run wires from the front horizontal tube to the rear horizontal tube thru the oval connecting tubes as there would be no hole in the primary tubes where the oval tubes are welded to it. So like you say, you would have to go outside the tubes to go from the front tube to the rear tube, which defeats the purpose of having the wireless look.

Also, I noticed that they made the clamps about half the width of what they used to be so I would be concerned that they would rotate when I fold the tower down.

You are right that these speakers won't project like your KMT6's. I am still interested in giving yours a try Currently, I have the tower speakers only for listening to tunes while swimming around the boat, not for the wakeboarder to listen to tunes while riding. But that may change.

Thx,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Why not run them at 2 ohms? Most every amp can handle 2 Ohm stereo no problem, and you can get more out of your amp. I have these same speakers on my tower and they do need some juice to hear them at 70feet.

Quote Originally Posted by 501 View Post
    Why not run them at 2 ohms? Most every amp can handle 2 Ohm stereo no problem, and you can get more out of your amp.
    Not sure if that was meant for me or jm. I was just responding to jm's question. Nothing wrong with running the speakers in parralel with a resulting 2 ohm load to the amp. I currently have one 4 channel amp running a total of 8 speakers so every channel feeding a 2 ohms load and it works fine. I've added another pair of speakers though so I am going to change out the amp at this point. It won't run 10 speakers very well
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Just to clarify......these cans do not have wires coming out of them, right? Does anyone know if the wires run through the tower clamp? If so, I would jump on these. I'd take out the polk's, replace my kenwoods in the boat with them, and then buy some hollow points to put in the cans. That is if the 6.5 Bullet Hollow Points fit in the Aerial cans.

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 Outback V View Post
    Just to clarify......these cans do not have wires coming out of them, right? Does anyone know if the wires run through the tower clamp? If so, I would jump on these. I'd take out the polk's, replace my kenwoods in the boat with them, and then buy some hollow points to put in the cans. That is if the 6.5 Bullet Hollow Points fit in the Aerial cans.
    I e-mailed them to clarify and yes, the wires are routed thru the clamps. I believe it says so in the listing description as well.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    I e-mailed them to clarify and yes, the wires are routed thru the clamps. I believe it says so in the listing description as well.
    Cab,

Thanks, thats awesome. Now I just need to verify that I can fit Bullet hollow points in the cans. I had another thought, Aerial has single pods with a 55 watt light on the other side. http://cgi.ebay.com/WAKEBOARD-TOWER-...item2ea8ca6709 I don't have docking lights on my boat, do you or anyone else think that two or four of these cans would help me dock on my lift. Docking at night of course If the Bullets fit, anyone think that they will rattle the light around to much and make vibrating noises?