Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bringing up an old thread here. My new 6500.2 set recommends filling 50%-100% of the can with poly-fil. I've been reading up and I understand to loosely fill it up. Just so I'm clear, its ok if the rear portion of the speakers (ie the built in crossover, wires, electronics) is touching/surrounded by the poly fil right?
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

Anybody have pictures?
    340HP CAT/ETX
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform

Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    Bringing up an old thread here. My new 6500.2 set recommends filling 50%-100% of the can with poly-fil. I've been reading up and I understand to loosely fill it up. Just so I'm clear, its ok if the rear portion of the speakers (ie the built in crossover, wires, electronics) is touching/surrounded by the poly fil right?
    It is totally okay for the crossovers of the drivers to touch the damping material. Lightly filled flush with the hole in the front of the can is appropriate, prior to installing the drivers. They will end up surrounded by the material when you install the drivers; that is about the perfect scenario.

As a note on the Kicker KM6500.2... Since the horn is acoustically complete and functions as designed without an enclosure, there is no need to put damping material in that can unless you just want to. You only need to use damping material in the midrange cans, if you choose.

Damping material.... a topic of its own for sure!

Phil
    Kicker

Thanks Phil. BTW, check your private messages. I sent a question. I purchased my 6500.2 from Earmark, but my buddy was asking about another dealer and raised some questions.
    340HP CAT/ETX